Author Topic: The Master Cleanse  (Read 272422 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: The Master Cleanse
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »
I found the Master Cleanse book free online in *.pdf format here:

Thank you.  That's awesome! :o
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bintiwangu

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 06:55:03 PM »
While doing the cleanses and such did you continue taking Supermom?

I have done the lemonade diet twice over the years and loved it.  I did the salt water flushes but didn't do anything else like parasite flushes, and I did not take any vitamins during that time.  I have done the gallbladder cleanses etc but during different times.

So I don't know... I am just wavering.  What do you all think?

Another thing. I read someone's question about the salt water flush.  They worried about it being bad.  I had read something once but can't exactly remember all the details.  But something about the ratio of salt to water was such that your blood nor kidneys would pick it up.  Sorry I can't remember the details.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 09:44:41 AM »
Yes, I continued to take Supermom and Spirulina, although I backed off the Supermom to only one tab a day.

I recently studied fibromyalgia and Parkensons on a fairly surface level. My conclusions were that most illnesses/conditions are a result of
1) toxicity
that comes through diet, prescription drugs, stress.
2) A predesposed hereditary weakness that is agrivated by #1.

I believe all conditions, from miscarriages, to GI tract related illnesses, to Parkinsons and Fibro, can be, at the very least, greatly improved by ridding the body of toxins.

My sister has the same weight problem as tjmjfamily and is WAY too thin. I was convinced she had Candida, although the doctor disagreed. She also had long term vaginal infections, chronic fatigue, and continual diarhea. I put her on Yeast Assassin, Tummy Tune-Up, Kefir, and the Maker's Diet.
I talked to her yesterday - she feels like she's be raised from the dead. She's hungry and eating like crazy, and all her symptoms are clearing up.

So, even though you are underweight, I don't believe the Cleanse would hurt you. However, if I were in your shoes, I would go this route first:

2 weeks of no yeast/sugars, with full doses of Yeast Assassin (or the equivalent) and Tummy Tune-Up or Primal Defense (or the equivalent.)

At the end of two weeks I think I'd do a liver flush and add an enema with parasite killing herbs:
Black Walnut Hull
Cloves
Wormwood
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Oil of Oregano
Make sure you stay very hydrated throughout the two days of the flush. This helps with blood sugar. I was also very hypoglycemic for years. It cleared up during my recent cleanses.

If all goes well thus far and if you are feeling strong... I would continue the yeast/sugar diet w/ supplements for one more week, and then begin the 10 day Master Cleanse.

You might try using quite a bit less maple syrup - or none at all. I've read that if you are underweight, the Master Cleanse should not take off much more, as it is designed to strip toxins, not healthy tissue.

My mom was your height and weight when she began a 21 day juice fast, years ago, in order to get her body reset so that she could get pregnant. She had several miscarriages, and a natural doctor recommended she do a cleanse. She lost a little more weight - but felt strong throughout the cleanse - and got pregnant with me soon afterward.

Hope this helps. 

Julie G - Your husband's experience is very interesting to us all - keep us updated about how he feels and how it all works out. Many of us have husbands that need a little help healthwise and having a story about "some other guy" is a great leverage tool!

Pasted from another thread

after doing all these flushes/cleanses I had several days of feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and just cruddy. I also had tender places all over my body, sore muscles, swollen glands, and headaches. I researched the symptoms and discovered I had a Vit C deficiency!

Vit C does not get stored in the body at all, and so we need a continual ongoing supply of it. I must have depleted myself with the Epsom Salts. So I've been taking high doses of C for 48 hours now and the symptoms are gone!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:25:19 PM by healthybratt »
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline Leah IL

• Adept
    • Hillman Acres
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 03:33:06 AM »
Does anyone know why you need Grade "B" maple syrup?  I have a gallon of Grade "A" maple syrup that I use for sweetening.  And where can I find the grade B?

EDIT: Actually, I can find the grade B syrup on my own I'm sure- just wondering why it has to b grade B.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 03:35:18 AM by Happy@Home »
Leah
Married to Ken 14 years, mom to Kenny (13), Kyle and Kaitlyn (11), Kevin (5) and Megan and Melissa (1 1/2)

My Intro: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1573.msg838.html#msg838

Offline bintiwangu

• Learning
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 04:09:34 AM »
Good morning

I am a rank amateur here but I think you can do it with Grade A. I have in the past.  But Grade B is actually better.  It is from the second round of tapping the trees and has more nutrients in it that you need during the fast.  Once you try the grade B you'll even like it better.  It is darker and has a richer flavor...and when ordering is cheaper!

Stores sell the Grade A more because it's color is lighter. Americans like that I guess.   ;)

Offline gusoceros

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 04:12:40 AM »
Here is the excerpt from the Master Cleanse Book, page 11 of the acrobat file I linked to on page one of this thread:

The maple syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugar and must be used, not some “substitute.” There are three grades of maple syrup. Grade A is the first run— mild in taste, sweet and with fewer minerals than the other grades. It is more expensive and less desirable but it may be used. Grade B is the second run with more minerals plus more maple taste. It is more suitable for the diet and is less expensive. Grade C is the third run with even more minerals and still stronger taste of maple and slightly less pleasant for most people, although acceptable in the diet. It is lower in price. As Grade C is less expensive it can be used as an excellent sweetening agent in preparing foods. The strong maple flavor blends very well.

The maple syrup has a large variety of minerals and vitamins. Naturally the mineral and vitamin content will vary according to the area where the trees grow and the mineral content in the soil. These are the minerals found in average samples of syrup from Vermont: Sodium; Potassium; Calcium; Magnesium; Manganese; Iron; Copper; Chlorine and Silicon. Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, Nicotinic acid and Pantothenic Acid are also present in the syrup. Information on the need and effect of these properties will be found in the Biochemistry in the back of the book, “Healing for the Age of Enlightenment.” Some uninformed operators of the sugaring of the maple syrup do use formaldehyde pellets, run through polyethylene tubing but there are many more that don’t. Search out and demand the kind that does not use formaldehyde. Spring Tree of Brattleboro, Vermont does not use it. This is the kind I recommend.

Offline Leah IL

• Adept
    • Hillman Acres
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 05:41:44 AM »
Thanks so much- I am going to download the ebook, just haven't had a chance yet :)  I am seriously considering doing this cleanse as I have a lot of 'symptoms' and dietary changes- always my first thought- don't seem to help.  10 days with no food seems so tough to me, but after reading some testimonies, I think I can do it.
Leah
Married to Ken 14 years, mom to Kenny (13), Kyle and Kaitlyn (11), Kevin (5) and Megan and Melissa (1 1/2)

My Intro: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1573.msg838.html#msg838

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 06:50:32 AM »
I had read that there is "no such thing" as Grade C anymore, and found this quote on an FDA site:

Grade C syrup is no longer an official USDA syrup grade. For those of you looking for Grade C maple syrup, it is now called Grade B. In other words, Grade B & C are the same.

However, you may be able to buy Grade C directly from the Maple tappers. I bought Grade B from NOW foods, and it is really good, and fairly inexpensive. It was $34 for 64 oz. retail. I think you might get better prices off the web - but then there is shipping.

I also use Grade B Maple syrup to cook with now, as it tastes really good in muffin recipes.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 06:52:38 AM by BeeyoutifulGirl »

Offline bintiwangu

• Learning
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 10:55:50 AM »
Wow seems like we've posted this thing to death.  ;D

But another question... Do you know if I can use the green small limes instead of lemons?  They are in abundance here now thanks to the Latin influence.  Any ideas?
Just trying to gather "my gear" for this cleanse.

thanks maria

Offline Tree2know

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
Hi,

Hope this is the right place to start.  Have read a few topics here in the past few days.  Found this place through NGJ.  Am not experienced with using a forum.

Anyway, I am a nursing mom interested in something very simple to try in the way of cleanse or fast.  Our baby is 14 months and we do not intend to stop nursing anytime soon.  We get food from Wal-mart & Kroger mostly.  Other sources are available but not an option for us.  We use a counter top pitcher to filter our water.  I am relatively aware of poisons in food & water and do my best to purchase and use food that is as close to it's original packaging as possible, i.e. the (pause for horsey ride) apple or banana.  Organic foods are not an option unless they are on sale at these places or an occasional stop at the local farmer's produce stand.  I have been studying health and nutrition a considerable amount over the years and do the best I can with what options I have. 

My questions is this:  Can I do a fast or cleanse using regular juices and/or water and expect results? 

Thanks for your time.

Theresa

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 12:08:04 PM »
I would say so, as I have in the past, though I've never fasted longer than 3 days on juice.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 12:19:49 PM »
My questions is this:  Can I do a fast or cleanse using regular juices and/or water and expect results? 

Check lower in this thread.  Click here.  AND  Click here.

The Master Cleanse only requires water, lemons, fancy maple syrup, sea salt and cayenne pepper.  The lemons are supposed to be organic, but isn't everything?  I'm not going to use the maple syrup.  I'm going to use stevia instead and probably take a multi-vitamin.  The syrup has vitamins and sweetens the deal, so I think I got that covered.  Cayenne pepper, you can get anywhere.  Seasalt isn't imperative, but you may have trouble with flushing toxins if you don't use it and I don't think this should be too difficult to find.  I get mine at the Asian Food market to make Kimchee.  And you've already got the water thing figured out.

I won't be doing mine for at least another week.  I'm waiting on my multi-vitamins to arrive and I want to kill some yeast first.  Good Luck!
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 02:46:32 AM »
However, if I were in your shoes, I would go this route first:

2 weeks of no yeast/sugars, with full doses of Yeast Assassin (or the equivalent) and Tummy Tune-Up or Primal Defense (or the equivalent.)

At the end of two weeks I think I'd do a liver flush and add an enema with parasite killing herbs:
Black Walnut Hull
Cloves
Wormwood
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Oil of Oregano
Make sure you stay very hydrated throughout the two days of the flush. This helps with blood sugar. I was also very hypoglycemic for years. It cleared up during my recent cleanses.

If all goes well thus far and if you are feeling strong... I would continue the yeast/sugar diet w/ supplements for one more week, and then begin the 10 day Master Cleanse.

You might try using quite a bit less maple syrup - or none at all. I've read that if you are underweight, the Master Cleanse should not take off much more, as it is designed to strip toxins, not healthy tissue.

In my previous post I forgot to mention That I'm 31 weeks pregnant so doing a cleansing fast will not be an option for quite some time. Do you know if your other suggestions would be safe to try while nursing? I'm dreading the return of my muscle pain that always returns fullforce after a pregnancy. If I do have a parasite problem maybe doing the enema cleansing would also help keep my weight more normal.

Thanks for your advice. It's encouraging to have ideas even if I need to wait a while to try them! Maria

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 04:02:23 AM by BeeyoutifulGirl »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Mamatutu

• Learning
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 05:46:48 AM »
I had read that there is "no such thing" as Grade C anymore, and found this quote on an FDA site:

Grade C syrup is no longer an official USDA syrup grade. For those of you looking for Grade C maple syrup, it is now called Grade B. In other words, Grade B & C are the same.

However, you may be able to buy Grade C directly from the Maple tappers. I bought Grade B from NOW foods, and it is really good, and fairly inexpensive. It was $34 for 64 oz. retail. I think you might get better prices off the web - but then there is shipping.

I also use Grade B Maple syrup to cook with now, as it tastes really good in muffin recipes.

I'm on the border of Vermont/New Hampshire. Our Grade A cost $34.00 per gallon so I'm sure I could B or C if available for less. If someone is interested, I can try to get it for you, (though I don't know offhand how much shipping would be).
Stacey ~ Privileged to be the wife and helpmeet of my darling Daniel and devoted mama to four precious babes~ Micah Daniel (2/7/04), Rebekah Hope (9/8/05), and Eliahna Pearl (6/9/07), and TBA November 2008.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 12:48:47 PM »
I've wanted to do a juice fast or similar cleanse for awhile now.

Do you know if your other suggestions would be safe to try while nursing?

Anyway, I am a nursing mom interested in something very simple to try in the way of cleanse or fast.

I would love to do the cleanse because of the difference I've seen in my hubby, but I'm due to have my baby in 6 weeks...then a year or so of nursing...it will be a while. :-\

Doing a cleanse sounds helpful if I could. Any ideas?

Check this thread ladies:  The Water Cure
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bintiwangu

• Learning
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2006, 05:09:06 AM »
Hello
I need some advice.   I went on the Master Cleanse for 21 days.  Felt great, lost weight, had energy, planted 450 evergreens, no problems.    But then... I started eating.  :(
I tried to go slow but perhaps was not slow enough.  The first day I made fruit juice and had bean soup.  The second day 4 fried chickens and a Coke. (NO just kiddin')  My husband told me to write that.

Anyway the problem is that my stomach below my bellybutton is sore; my guts.  Also is used to be quite regular, but now once a day and lots of belching and pain in my guts before I go to the bathroom.

Should I slow down to just fruit juice?  Maybe not drinking enough water?  I don't know.  What do you think? 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 08:18:52 AM »
I guess it's my turn to comment.

I did the Master Cleanse with a couple of moderations.  I started out with the intent of going for 8-10 days, but only made it four.  I made all my lemonade with tap water, because I refuse to buy bottled because I'm not convinced it's any healthier after seeing the results of water tests done on various brands.  Distilled water is not recommended because being mineral free it actually attracts the minerals from your body causing deficiency.  I put the cayenne directly into the lemonade.  I did not use exact measurements, but about 1/4 tsp per glass.  I used stevia to sweeten except on day 3, I used maple syrup (grade A from Walmart) for half the day.

Day 1: 
70 oz Lemonade
32 oz Saltwater flush
Oolong tea
2 Supermoms, 2 Yeast Assassins, 2 Tummy-Tuneups (after flush done)
1 T Ginger Tincture (hubby was sick)

I had minimal fatique, took a short nap, very few hunger pangs and some bowel soreness.

Day 2:
80 oz Lemonade
32 oz Saltwater flush
Raspberry/Lavender/Peppermint Tea mix
1 T Ginger Tincture (hubby still sick)

I was very tired and slow throughout the day.  Hunger pangs worse than day one, headache and I kept experiencing chills very similar to those experienced during severe fevers.  Took a very long afternoon nap and still felt drained.

Day 3:
100 oz Lemonade (1/2 with stevia, 1/2 with maple syrup - no noticible diff except flavor)
32 oz Saltwater flush
Raspberry/Lavender/Peppermint Tea mix

Hungrier than day 1 and 2, lower bowel tenderness, fatigue, still having severe chills.  Did some research and found that liver toxicity could be causing fatigue, so I decided to try the coffee enema that Beka did.  I found my info here and here.  I used 3T folgers coffee to 1 quart of water.  I did two 12-15 minute treatments followed by another salt water flush (32 oz).  The coffee caused my liver to swell and recede as my gallbladder squirted.  I wouldn't have believed you can actually hear and feel this until I did.  I felt no pain or discomfort from the flush and only passed bile, so I did not do another flush.

Day 4:
100 oz Lemonade
32 oz Saltwater flush
Oolong Tea (looking for caffeine boost)

Symptoms still increasing in severity.  Joint and muscle soreness along with headache, bowel soreness, fatigue and chills.

Day 5:
8 oz Lemonade
32 oz Salt Water Flush

Got out of bed and nearly collapsed.  All my joints seemed to seize up like they did when I had influenza about 5 years ago.  Hubby got up early to watch the kids, so I could lay back down for about 2 more hours and I still felt terrible.  Chills, achy, fatigue, etc.  Hubby and I decided it was time for me to eat.  I think I was deficient in protein and potassium, so I started with yogurt and banana's for breakfast and lunch.  For supper I had tuna, lettuce, flax seed, boiled eggs, and a bit of mayo.  Began to feel better throughout the day but still feeling as though I was recuperating from the flu.

Day 6:

Began eating normally, except now adding flax seed to everything to make sure my bowels don't get irritated by regular diet.  Also not taking Supermom for same reason (too much iron)  Still feeling a bit slow, but aching beginning to subside. 

Day 7-9:

Feeling very energetic, eating normally, no Supermoms, decided to weed my entire yard, harvest rhubarb, cook awesome meals, conquer the world.  Feeling very sore and worn out, but not from bad diet, from hard work.

Day 9:  First trip to the bathroom.  Digestion has improved immensely.

Day 10: 
Still going strong.

I have lost a few pounds, but won't know how many until I visit MIL as I don't have my own set of scales.

Some of the info is kinda personal, but I hope it might help someone else deciding to take the plunge.

hb

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:23:21 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »
I just weighed today.  I've lost another 10 lbs.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 09:26:59 AM »
I have a friend that wants to try the Master Cleanse.  She is on Lasix and a blood pressure medicine.  Should she go cold turkey off her meds?  She also smokes, should she stop for this?  She would like to quit her meds and her smoking. Also a cholesterol pill.. suggestions appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 09:37:09 AM by sarahmontgomery »
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline nursegirl

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »
I think I would strongly advise against going off Lasix and blood pressure meds cold turkey.  Lots of nasty things could happen like stroke, kidney failure, heart attack, etc, etc.  She should definitely stop smoking--for good, not just for the cleanse!  Quitting smoking alone could have a wonderful effect on her blood pressure.  Sounds like your friend has some chronic health problems and should consult her doctor or a naturopath before embarking on a cleanse of this magnitude. 

She may find after she does the cleanse and stops smoking that she no longer needs her meds, but I think she should wait until she finds out if this will be the case or not.  The only exception may be the cholesterol pill.  These meds usually affect the liver, and I believe that the Master Cleanse usually sends a lot of toxins to the liver to deal with.  Again, she should definitely talk with someone (who knows more than me!) before starting this. 

HTH!

Sarah

Offline felmleyfam

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2006, 07:40:57 PM »
can I do the masters cleanse using Rebecca's cookie mama recipe instead....it is whole wheat flour ???
happy wife & momma ! When people say, "you have your hands full," I say, "and my heart!!!" It changes their negative attitude into a positive one in a few seconds flat

Offline sweet

• Learning
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2006, 09:51:01 AM »
Started "The Cleanse" yesterday.  Haven't slowed down and have nothing to whine about ;D
Cut out the two cups of coffee last week so I didn't suffer from a caffine wanting headache.

Saw pecan syrup, didn't buy it and I didn't read the label...tried to do a quick search to see if it is as nutritionally good for you as maple syrup, didn't get far, too many ads to buy pecan products.  Has anyone heard/read of it's benefits?

Oh, I love the lemon pulp after it sits in the maple syrup, yummy.  Reminds me of my DM applesauce. She cans the lemon rinds in the sauce yum, yum...stop thinking abt food you are doing the cleanse.

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 02:57:11 AM »
The 10th day I began the Liver/Gallbladder Flush which consisted of:
Drink 3/4 cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt at
5PM and again at 7PM

At 9PM I drank 3/4 cup of grapefruit juice mixed with 1/2 cup of olive oil and went straight to bed.

Began to pass stones around 5AM

At 6AM I drank 3/4 cup of grapefruit juice with 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt, and then again at
8AM.

I continued to pass stones all day long.

The Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulfate) paralyzes, or relaxes, the valves in the binary tubes of your liver, causing them to lay open and pass stones freely. I could feel the stones being gushed out of my liver within 20 minutes of drinking the oil and grapefruit juice.

My husband did the exact same cleanse after 7 days of lemonade fasting, and didn't pass a single stone! I believe he just didn't have any stones.

My tastes and cravings have totally changed, and I find that I'm totally disinterested in fatty foods now.

I'd never heard of the Master Cleanse until I had these gallbladder attacks and had to start researching for remedies. It certainly worked for me!
[/color]

I am doing a Master Cleanse and decided to do the liver flush toward the beginning of the cleanse as recommended on this forum.  I could NOT get that olive oil to go down!!! It was horrible and made me gag :P
I did manage to get a few sips of it, but could not do the whole amount.  This morning I passed some chaff and one or two stones.  So, I know I must have stones.  Is there any easier way to get the olive oil to go down???  Would just oil swishing work????  -KG

having a baby" border="0

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2006, 11:10:11 AM »
The only recomendation I know of is to blend the lemon/grapefruit juice with the oil in the blender  and drink as fast as you can, instead of sipping. My DF spent and hour and a half getting his down, though, and it still worked.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2006, 11:12:50 AM »
I put mine in a sealed sippy container with a straw and drink it through the straw without breathing through my nose.

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 11:39:02 AM »
I actually passed about a 1/4 cup of stones and chaff on just the few swallows of oil that I was able to keep down.  I wonder how much more I could have passed if I had been able to get the whole amount down???
-KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2006, 04:26:59 AM »
We use flax seed and/or natural apple juice.  Oatmeal helps mine also.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline Fallmom

• Learning
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
I'm not sure if this fits here or has to be moved.  I am overwhelmed by all this wonderful information on cleansing.  I posted the multiple miscarriage question.  I have heard that maybe a cleanse would be good before trying to conceive again.  I don't know that I can handle the master cleanse, I get light headed and VERY irritable when hungry- and with 4 boys running around I may snap!  Would taking Yeast Assassin be good enough for a month or so?  Does is have the same cleansing effect?  I don't think I have a parasite problem (at least have never seen a worm), but yeast, maybe.  Would love if someone could clarify the differences between the cleansing and taking YA.  Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2006, 07:52:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this fits here or has to be moved.  I am overwhelmed by all this wonderful information on cleansing.  I posted the multiple miscarriage question.  I have heard that maybe a cleanse would be good before trying to conceive again.  I don't know that I can handle the master cleanse, I get light headed and VERY irritable when hungry- and with 4 boys running around I may snap!  Would taking Yeast Assassin be good enough for a month or so?  Does is have the same cleansing effect?  I don't think I have a parasite problem (at least have never seen a worm), but yeast, maybe.  Would love if someone could clarify the differences between the cleansing and taking YA.  Thanks!

Yeast Assassin is a product designed to kill candida and parasites.  Once dead, your body still has to flush them out naturally as they leave decaying matter behind just like any other dead creature.  This will create toxicity in your body until you are able to flush it out.  You do not have to cleanse in order for this to occur, but it would speed up the process a bit. 

Cleansing helps the body to release and expel toxins stored in the fatty tissues and internal organs.  When you eat, the body uses a lot of energy to process and store nutrients and fats and expel new toxins.  When you don't eat the body is free to focus on expelling only the stored toxins without wasting energy on digesting and absorbing new foods.  The lemonade concoction is designed to help curb hunger and help to hydrate and flush the endocrine system (liver, kidneys, etc).  The salt water and laxative tea is added to help you to expel solid toxins through the bowels. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Fallmom

• Learning
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2006, 05:09:34 AM »
Thank you for that clarification.  Today I was at a local Vitamin Shoppe, and the man recommended something liquid that started with Flora_______.  It was supposed to be taken in the am with water for eight days.  It was designed to detox the whole body- all major systems.  Do you have any knowledge of a cleanse such as this?