Author Topic: Buy/Sell/Trade/Give Away - New/Used Items  (Read 144675 times)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
Buy/Sell/Trade/Give Away - New/Used Items
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »
I've had several people ask if they could offer stuff they want to sell or swap here on welltellme.

If your "stuff" is used and not a retail item that you market regularly, this is the thread to post it in. For instance, if you have a box of 3-6 month old boy clothing you'd like to give away/sell plus shipping, offer it here with a description, and ask those interested to Private Message you.

If you need something and are interested in buying or recieving the item free via a welltellme friend, state clearly what you're looking for and check your email for replies.

If your "ad" has been up for two weeks or more, it may get deleted, in order to keep the thread clean, but feel free to post again, if you're still looking. Or, if you find/buy whatever it was you posted about, you can delete your original request in order to let everyone know they can stop PMing you.  ;)

Example (for real):

KOMBUCHA MOTHERS
I have some Kombucha mothers I will give away plus shipping and handling fee of $6.00 each, contact me via PM if you're interested.

As of Friday, Oct 20th, this weeks mothers are all taken (haha) but in two weeks I will have some more.

(Admin's Note:  The wanted thread for SCOBIES & Kefir Grains has been split and move here.)

VIOLIN 1/16
I'm looking for a 1/16th size violin, preferably Suzuki or American made. PM me if you have one you'd like to sell.

Rebekah

PS: If someone buys your stuff, please delete / remove your own post!

[search terms "for sale", "wanted", "looking", "trade", "selling", "trading", "buying"]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:00:22 AM by healthybratt »
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Buy/Sell/Trade/Give Away - New/Used Items
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:56:35 AM »
Just a reminder:  This thread is for one way conversations.  It should be like a newspaper displaying ads for something wanted or something for sale.  Responses to ads should be in emails or PM's, not in this thread.

Thank you.

~hb
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:01:09 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:55 AM »
There was enough interest in passing around SCOBYs and kefir grains that I decided to split these posts out of the regular buy/sell/trade thread for easier reference.  If you posted your want/need for SCOBYs and/or kefir grains in the middle of a larger post containing other items in this thread, I did not split it out.  I'll leave it up to you to post it separately.  ;)

Kombucha SCOBYs & Kefir Grains:  Wanted/Available

Thanks

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »
OK, HB, I have a question.  I am asking it here because the answer pertains to everyone else who posts here, too.

After we put an add or wanted post, are we supposed to go back and delete it ourselves, when we are through with it or repost it?

Thanks

Yes. ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:02:07 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »

Good morning.  ;D

Just a note for those of you who buy and sell on this thread.

This thread was created as a courtesy to existing members.  It was never intended to divert the nature of this forum.  We are a health forum and as such we encourage and expect members to engage in topics concerning health.

As with any other community, WTM has brought together many families, moms, etc that have interests in common which usually means that their product preferences and material needs will also be similar.  This is why Admin allowed this thread--what a great opportunity for members to be able to trade and market with others who have the same likes/dislikes and needs. 

Over the past few months, I've noticed, on several occasions, posts made by buyers/sellers in this thread asking for email addresses and alternate means of contacting members because they have not yet posted enough to gain access to this privilege.  I have also received a couple of PMs regarding the safety/security of trading with someone who has never posted other than in this thread.  Personally, I wouldn't.  This is not to say that you can't, but WTM can't be responsible for your safety in these transactions and would encourage you to have more caution. 

If the only reason you decide to engage in conversation in this forum is to buy or sell goods, then please don't expect the active members to facilitate these transactions.
  It's very difficult to build a trusting relationship with someone who is invisible and extremely so when it's computer to computer.  I would encourage those who are not yet active, to get active.  Post, get to know the members.  Allow them to get to know you and make it easier on all to interact in a trusting and healthy environment.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 10:02:59 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
For Sale:  Passionate Housewives Desperate for God pbk book. Bought new and read once. $5 plus media mail shipping. Or will use other shipping method, if requested.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:51:16 AM by healthyinOhio »

Offline jenibee

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 01:53:06 AM »
Does anyone have the complete Hypnobabies set they'd like to part with?  I borrowed it for my last birth and had an inCREDible experience...and would now like to buy it, preferably second-hand.

(Sorry about the new post - the Search bar was giving me a 'database error' this morning.)

Please PM me if you want to part with yours.  If I don't hear back from anyone, I'll have to buy it online next week - I'm at 30 weeks now.

Thanks!
Jeni

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:13:49 PM »
Homeschool and other books for sale.  Long list.  I take paypal or money order.  E-mail me for the shipping rate (media mail).

The Original 21 Rules of This House $4

Daily Guided Teaching and Review by Wanda Phillips 2nd-3rd grade: $9

Golden Nature Guides $2 each
Fish, Birds, Pond Life, Trees, Weather, Fossils, Sea Shells, Rocks & Minerals

The Night Sky Book (sc) $3
Look to the Sky (sc) $5

Inspector Bodyguard Patrols the Land of U by Vicki Cobb (HC):$5

Bob Jones 8th grade:
Pre-Algebra tests $8
Space & Earth Science tests $4
Spanish 1 Student Text, TE, Activities' Manual TE (new) $40

Editor in Chief book C-1 New $8
Editor in Chief B2 on CD-Rom New $14

Economics Course: Whatever Happened to Penny Candy? Book and guide, new, never used: $20

Wordly Wise Book 2 w/teacher key: $5
Wordly Wise Book 3 w/teacher key: $5
Wordly Wise 3000 book 4 answer key: $2

Mama Said Ther'd be Days Like This by Jenn Doucette pb $3

He Walked Among Us by Josh McDowell pb $3

Darwin's Leap of Faith by John Ankerberg pb $5

The Biblical Basis for Modern Science by Henry M. Morris pb $6

The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace pb (lots of highlighting) $4

Homeschooling at the Speed of Life (some underlining and writing) includes CD with organizing records. $5

Gluten Free Baking with the Culinary Institute of America pb (NEW)$9

Precious Bible Promises (2524 Bible promises for everyday living arranged in 83 themes) Blue bonded leather, silver page edges NKJV. Excellent condition. $5

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:21:42 AM by WI Cheesehead »

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 08:52:23 AM »
For Sale: Passionate Housewives Desperate for God $4 plus media mail
The Spatulatta Cookbook for kids( fun recipes for ages 6-11) $1 plus media mail shipping
Both are used and in great condition. Smoke free home.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 03:39:25 PM »

GLUTEN FREE COOKS

I have quite a bit of gluten free flours that I won't be needing.  Most are Bob's Red Mill.  I've got quinoa, garfava, amaranth, and tapioca (it's Ener-G brand).  If you are interested in any of it I am open to offers.  None of it is opened and all bought within the past year.  Stored in cool storage 24/7. 

PM if interested. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline createddaisy

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 11:07:51 AM »
Feeling fat, fuzzy, and frazzled?  by Richard Shames
Help and explanation for thyroid, adrenal, and hormone balance.
$8 and that includes postage.
Have a great day.

Offline Coco79

• Learning
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
I have a ladycomp computer and the charger available for sale. I think I used it for about a year. I am now pregnant and for sure this one is my last one. I paid $500 for it but asking for $300. I will not send the thermometer part since I think that's unsanitary. You will have to purchase one and I think they are like $40 bucks. If you are interested in purchasing it from me please email me at [email protected]. thank you!

Offline lovemybabies81

• Learning
  • Happily wed for 8 yrs. Mama to 5 lil ones.
    • Blessings at Home
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
Does anyone happen to have "Oxford First Ancient History" by Roy Burrell for a reasonable price? It is no longer in print and I really need it for school this year. Just PM me. Thanks!
Check out my blogging capabilities, or lack thereof at www.theblessingsathome.blogspot.com! :)

Offline JeffAngie

• Adept
    • Our Joyful Living
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »
I have 2 "Be your own Dr. Books"  By Rachel Weaver she is a Mennonite Midwife as well as other things I can't remember what else.  I am thinking maybe herbalist but not sure.  These books sell for like $24.99 to $29.99 in my area.  I heard her live and got a discount on books by buying several books at a time.  I have shared this deal with several people but I still have 2 books here I would like to get going.  There is so much great and valuable info in these books.  I posted them on my blog as well with some more info about them you can find it at www.ourjoyfulliving.com
Please let me know if you would like a book it would be $20. plus shipping. 

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
Curriculum for sale.  e-mail me for shipping via Media Mail.

Editor in Chief B2 Cd-Rom $15
Editor in Chief book C1 $10

Economics course:
Whatever Happened to Penny Candy? by Richard J. Maybury This is the curriculum textbook.

And

Economics A Bluestocking Guide companion study guide.  Both for $20

Wordly Wise book 2 (gr 5) and Teacher Key: $10
Wordly Wise book 3 (gr 6) and Teacher Key: $10

CLP History for Little Pilgrims $5

Daily Guided Teaching and Review by Wanda C. Phillips (author of Spell to Write and Read) (2nd & 3rd grades) $9

Inspector Bodyguard Patrols the Land of U (HC): $5

Golden Guides. These are the older, small books, but all in good condition. $2 ea. (plus postage)

Fishes
Weather
Rocks & Minerals
Trees
Birds
Pond Life
Sea Shells
Fossils

(Peterson Guide) Shells

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
Selling all my cloth diapers! There are 11 of the first type of prefolds (the left stack and the 3rd from the left stack) 11 of the prefolds with the blue trim and 14 of the thinner Gerber prefolds. 5 size medium Gerber plastic pants, Then there are 5 "Econobums" size medium they are shown from left to right from the smallest setting to the largest. The bright orange diaper is a Large and all the others are Mediums. There are 2 medium velcro Thirsties, 2 size 2 (med.) thirsties duos with the snaps, one "Bummies" (med.) velcro (the pink one with the circles) These are all water-proof covers. Then there are the 2 "snappi"s at the bottom of the pic. Make me an offer!! :) {the brown diaper in the pic. is already sold!} $85 for ALL!  :)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »
Does anyone have the Character Sketches book set from ATI?  I am looking for the set or individual ones for a decent price.

Is this the placemat set?  We have most all of the ATI stuff but I don't see anything that says "character sketch" on it.  We've got the IBLP basic and advanced seminar books, men's manuals, 3 "placemat" workbook type things, and a bunch of alumni booklets.  I've not been through IBLP (these are my husband's) so I'm not exactly sure what the sketch book looks like.  We are going through the video series right now though - very good.   :D  Are any of these books what you're looking for? 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline lovemybabies81

• Learning
  • Happily wed for 8 yrs. Mama to 5 lil ones.
    • Blessings at Home
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
Does anyone happen to have the Professor B math cds for sale? They're called "Professor B's Power Mathematics for Children." I'm looking for levels I and II. Thanks!
Check out my blogging capabilities, or lack thereof at www.theblessingsathome.blogspot.com! :)

Offline refreshed

• Adept
    • Haven Baptist Fellowship
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 02:31:28 AM »
FOR SALE:
2 copies of ABEKA Letters and Sounds 1 test key.  1 brand new.  $5  1 good condition $2.

Saxon Math 3 Home Study Teacher's Manual.  Spiral-bound, good condition.  Very heavy book, but will send Media mail. Just the teacher's manual, not student books. $20

Saxon Math 76 student book, 3rd ed.  Hardback, what is used in schools.  Great condition.  $12

Buyer pays actual shipping.

LOOKING TO BUY:

ABEKA 4th grade -- any student books, except readers
                               teacher's math book

ABEKA 3rd grade -- Arithmetic student workbook
                               Language student workbook

ABEKA 2nd grade -- Letters and sounds student book
                                Spelling student book

ABEKA 1st grade -- Letters and sounds student book
                               Language student book
                               Arithmetic student book
                               Spelling student book

ABEKA K5 --  I learn to read set

--refreshed
Check out our family's and church website:
www.havenbaptistfellowship.com

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Offline dvbrd

• Learning
    • Surviving Allergeez
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
For Sale, Nursing Kit: Includes 1 Medela Single Deluxe Breast Pump, great condition. I only used this occasionally and it is still in the original packaging with instruction booklets.

2 Medela bottles(1 new still in package). Both have the storage caps so you can pump directly into the bottle and then store in the fridge.

The Everything Breastfeeding Book- I think the title is self explanatory. I loved this book, my first two children I gave up on breastfeeding because I didn't have any resources available. This book was so helpful and encouraging the third time around. I successfully breastfed for 13 months and used this book whenever I had questions/problems!

2 snap top storage containers

4 packages of pre-sterilized storage bags(2 bags in each package).

2 nursing covers, 1 Bebe Au lait, in a black and white print, and 1 homemade, very similiar to the Bebe Au Lait one in turquoise.

1 mostly full box of nursing pads from Lanisoh, these pads are individually wrapped.

I am selling this all as a set for $100 obo plus shipping. Paypal only, thanks! PM me if interested, and I will send you pics!

Offline denisew

• Learning
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
LOOKING FOR: Shonda Parker's A Naturally Healthy Pregnancy

Anyone have this they would like to sell?  I used to have it but unfortunately I let someone borrow it and it never came back! Now my daughter in law is expecting her first and I would love to get it for her! 

Blessings,
Denise in AL

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
FS - Bosch Universal Plus Re: Buy/Sell/Trade/Give Away - New/Used Items
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 06:42:46 AM »
Bosch Universal Mixer Plus - used. Works well, but mixer bowl (some reason) I have to pour hot water over the bottom to make it fit securely - but then it is secure! Have all parts. All of it works well, but family is smaller and I need to downsize and pull out the old Kitchenaid. Right now I can't find the manual; they are online if I can't find it!  Also has blender $200 + shipping (if that is OK with my DH!). PM me if you have questions or want photos!

Offline jessicah

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 07:25:27 AM »
FS: Four Michael and Debbie Pearl books:

Training Children to be strong in spirit

To Train up a Child

Created to Need a Helpmeet

Created to be a Helpmeet

All are in gently used good  condition

20 dollars plus shipping  OR 25 ppd - your choice.  I will ship media mail.

Thanks
Jessica Hannon

Jessicah

Let me share with you how I keep my family healthy!
www.jessicahannonjuiceplus.com

Juice Plus+ the next best thing to fruits and vegetables. It is not that fruits and vegeis are just good for you, its that they can save your life

Offline denisew

• Learning
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »
For Sale: 12 Bum Genius 3.0 Cloth Diapers

Well loved diapers with all the inserts (12 adjustable & 12 newborn).  I bought them for my son so they are great boy colors but they would look fine on a girl as well!  Blues, oranges & greens (light & dark colors).  The elastic is great but the laundry tabs don't hold down very well.  The Velcro still holds fine though and would be great diapers to start out with!  They are the ones that are adjustable from newborn to toddler!  $70 ppd.

Also I have a GroVia Diaper Ai2 shell and 4 organic inserts.  The shell is a buttery yellow color.  These are in excellent used condition with no stains.  $25 ppd.

I also have 4 pink diapers hardly used bought new for my one year old girl.  Two are Bum Genius 3.0 (pink) and two are Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers.  All inserts are included.  Velcro and all elastic are in great condition.  One of the BG has a little fading from hanging too long in the sun.  I'll take $25 for these!

Just message me if you have any questions!

Blessings,
Denise in AL
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:16:20 AM by denisew »

Offline denisew

• Learning
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
FOR SALE:  Large Family Logistics

Excellent condition, gift quality.  Hardback.  Asking $15 ppd.

Blessings,
Denise in AL

Offline my3kidsmom

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
I have CLE answer keys for Science Answer keys grade 3 $15
Grade 4 answer keys $8
Grade 5 reader and answer keys $20
Social Studies Grade 3 reader and teachers guide with answer key in it $15
Social Studies Teacher guide, answer key, and reader for grade 4 $20
Social studies answer key and reader grade 5 $15
Anwers in Genesis Entire year Science for grades 1-8 God's Design for life series (sells for $89 new) $35
2 Weight Watchers Workout DVD's used about 2x $10
Abeka Health Safety and Manners Readers Grade 1, 2 & 3 $3 each
Abeka Work Flash Cards 8x11 size. Large Heavy stack, $12
I'll ship media mail, You pay only actual shipping cost. if you buy multiple items, I would be happy to work a deal with you.