Author Topic: Sick 9days, fever 7, now vomiting  (Read 620 times)

Offline cooptimr

• Learning
Sick 9days, fever 7, now vomiting
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:27:54 AM »
Please help!  My 9 yr. old is now on her 9th day of being sick.  She started with a sore throat, cough, and headache.  Two days later, she was running 100-101 fever. On day 4, she was running 102-102.8 so I took her to the doctor.  No strep; no flu; but he wrote an antibiotic prescription for what must be a sinus infection.  I inquired if he could check for pneumonia or bronchitis, but he said her lungs were clear.  (I still wonder how they can say that when it is a juicy productive cough and it burns in her lungs).  Well, we have extreme digestive problems that run in our family, so I'm almost paranoid about antibiotics.  So I decided to give her raw garlic (until then, I had given her garlic capsules).  Her fever remained, so I added colloidal silver drops to her nose, and gave her a homeopathic sinus spray for infections.  This morning, she awoke throwing up, and can't even keep water down.  Besides worrying about her dehydrating from so many days with a fever/now vomiting, I am at a loss as to any other option I have than to go fill her antibiotic prescription.  Today is her first day of not having face/sinus pain, which means that the colloidal silver is helping her sinuses, but it also means that a sinus infection is not the only thing she is battling.  Would everyone on here break down and give the antibiotic, or should I now try goot since the raw could not possibly stay down now.  On a side note, I had only given her one tsp. raw garlic before bed 1x a day.  Was that too little?  Garlic has always been our greatest ally, but for some reason, it is not cracking this illness like it has in the past.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Sick 9days, fever 7, now vomiting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »
I would be concerned that she is dehydrated and has an electrolyte imbalance. These types of vomiting become self perpetuating. Watch her for signs.

Look for other signs. Pain anywhere?

If she still has fever I would probably give the antibiotics if it were my child. If she doesn't make a quick turn around though it would probably be good to let the doc re-access.