Author Topic: detoxing small children??  (Read 606 times)

Offline Gods_child

• Adept
detoxing small children??
« on: August 11, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
My four year old son just got circumcised a week ago. For about 5 days after surgery I was giving him ibuprofen, tylenol w/codeine (for pain) and also he was put to sleep during surgery. This was his first time in his life taking any kinds of drugs. So a few days after surgery he started complaining of stomach pain. And til this day (8 days after surgery) he is complaining of stomach pain day and night. I think it is from all the drugs or maybe coinsidence. Anyway...I want to know how I can detox him safely and effectively. side note: he is allergic to milk (cow's and goat's). Anyone with advice to help my baby get rid of his pain? Thanx!

Offline DHW

• Adept
Re: detoxing small children??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
I would start him on activated charcoal.  Mix it in honey, applesauce or a soft food or liquid if he won't take it in capsules.  It can be helpful to put it in a covered, opaque glass and have him sip it through a straw.  (The black color is rather strange.  It is a bit gritty, too.)  It comes as capsules and tablets, too.  Give three times a day.  Start with a teaspoon each time and increase the amount.  Always increase water intake and fiber to push the charcoal through.

Second, I would add lots more soluble fiber (beans, applesauce per Karen Hurd) to pick up toxins.

Chlorella is good to minimize detox symptoms.  Use a good brand like Nutricology King Chlorella.  Try 6-8 tablets per day.  More is ok if he tolerates it well.

Consult a pharmacist about all the meds ds has taken to see if any of them cause GI distress.