Author Topic: Unexplained sores on children  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Mom2ten

• Wide Eyed
Unexplained sores on children
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:11:45 AM »
Last week my 8 yr old had several unexplained sores develop on one leg, which filled with pus. We treated them with peroxide and lavender essential oil, but they still haven't healed, and in fact seem to have spread a bit. A few days ago, our 11 yr old daughter thought she was getting pimples; turned out they are similar sores on her face. Now that I've checked all the children (we have 9 still at home), 10 yr old son has them on his face and 6 yr old has one forming in the corner of her mouth. The sores are about the size of a mosquito bite (some a bit larger), fill with pus and scab over, but are very slow to heal. All the children affected recently had a fever. Any ideas?

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: Unexplained sores on children
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
Could it be impetigo?  HERE is a link to a thread on this forum with lots of information about it. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:10:40 AM »
My kids seem to have this exact same thing. Only for my 2yr old son it's from his bellybutton down and elbows down with some on his neck. He had a fever for two days and slept very fitfully. My 4yr old has it on her knees and feet and hands and a few on her bottom. My son was really itchy, but it didn't seem to affect my daughter at all. I thought maybe it was chickenpox, but they're not affecting the normal area like the trunk and face. But they look just like the chickenpox picture in my medical book, like zits, pus filled and then pop and crust over. I gave them oatmeal baths and rubbed them down with anti-itch cream (it's all I had), they've faded but are still there. So I don't know what I'm dealing with since there was a fever involved. I really don't think it's impetigo, but I could be wrong...

Offline Mom2ten

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »
ColoradoDove, I thought this was the most aggressive form of impetigo I'd ever seen, and treated it for WEEKS with tea tree essential oil. Slow healing, with more outbreaks. Once I added Wild Mediterranean Oregano to the mix (a few drops in the oil mixture applied topically, plus giving the children the oregano internally), we began to make progress. When my husband contracted it, he refused to wait for treatment and went to the doctor, where he discovered that it wasn't impetigo, but rather MRSA! Later, when I told our pediatrician about the experience, she couldn't believe I'd treated it successfully at home. I did put some of the prescription antibiotic cream on the sores that remained at that point (some had them in their noses). If you Google MRSA, you will find that it can be deadly, and for that reason, I think that if I had it to do over, I probably would've taken them to the doctor.