Author Topic: Light/Pale stools  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Aaf3

• Learning
Light/Pale stools
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:23 AM »
I'm not sure where to put this.  
I am pregnant w/ number 2, Due in December, still nursing number 1 (13 1/2 mo).  
Today, I woke up and my first and second BM's were really pale in color, a tanish/light green, not runny at all - first day this has occurred.  Then my son's first BM of the day was yellowish and runny (his only one so far and also first day this has occurred).

Now, I've been having a lot of abdominal pain through this pregnancy and just associated it with being pregnant/gassy/stomach growing/everything stretching.

Two days ago, my hubby, son and I went to a salt water pool *also lightly chlorinated* at the nearby public pool and swam in it about 40 minutes or so (I was in it the longest).  The next morning, hubby and I both woke up with sore throats and they've been getting a bit worse despite taking vit c, zinc, cranberry and grapefruit seed extract.  Just started us all on lobelia.

Another possibility is my diet has changed a bit due to not being able to eat a lot of things b/c of the pregnancy nausea, and I've been eating more rice, gf breads, gf crackers and less leafy greens and vegetables (of which I usually consume a lot).  I've also been cooking more this way for my family, so unfortunately we've all been consuming less greens.

I just started taking liquid chlorophyll a couple days ago as well.

I really don't think we have any liver/bile problems.  We don't have hepatitis, and I can't find any answers.  My hubby and I both feel extremely exhausted and sore and have sore throats (kind of flu-like).  I'm wondering if we caught something in the pool?  If occasionally light colored stools when one is sick can be "normal"?  Everything I'm reading sounds like DANGER DANGER if one has light colored stools, but I don't like to rush to the doctor over every little thing and I certainly don't want to pay 300 bucks so they can give us all a round of antibiotics.  

Please help!  Any insight/suggestions on diet changes/related experiences would be so appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:01:29 AM by Aaf3 »

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Re: Light/Pale stools
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
I don't know if this will be of any help, but I found this website that explained some things. Maybe it will answer some of your questions:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/gettingdiagnosed/a/stools.htm
Hope you are all feeling better!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Light/Pale stools
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 03:11:31 AM »
Liquid chlorophyll will change your stool color and consistency.  This is pretty normal.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=3796.0
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=5469.0
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:13:24 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!