Author Topic: Vibrating baby monitor  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Soffi

• Learning
Vibrating baby monitor
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »
Hi

I am expecting my first baby feb 2012. I was thinking about baby needs during the night. Since i got married to DH i always use ear plugs when sleeping because he snores very loudly and so it is the only way i can sleep.  :D

I am not sure what to do when the baby comes. There are these baby monitor products that vibrate. I thought if i still use the ear plugs i wont hear DH snoring so i can rest/sleep.. but if baby cries the monitor, which would be under my pillow, would vibrate so ill wake up. Or alternatively i can just not use ear plugs but i would never get any sleep..  :-\

What do you think? What should i do? I am debating if it is wise idea or not.

Any advice?

Thanks

Soffi

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Re: Vibrating baby monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:21:27 AM »
I just sleep with my babies and nurse them while I sleep  :) I find I get more sleep that way and that's the way to do it if you want to do the natural birth control that ecological breastfeeding provides.  Unless you're an incredibly heavy sleeper, you will be aware of your baby next to you in bed.
If you don't want to do that, then maybe you'll be able to nap with the baby in the afternoon to catch up on any loss sleep at night (one of the luxuries you have with the first baby  :D).  

Offline Soffi

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »
I llike the idea of baby sleeping in same bed as you.. but DH said wouldnt you likely hurt the baby when you throw yourself around in your sleep? I am a lightsleeper but do move around in my sleep quite a bit so i am scared to accidentely wack the baby... :o.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
You will be amazed at how quickly you adapt to having a baby sleep with you. My husband is a heavy sleeper and rolls around, but totally changed after having a newborn in bed with us. I think I move around too, but when our kids are in bed I'm aware of them even in my sleep.  But if you still don't feel comfortable about it, you can buy a divider thing-I think it's called a baby nest?- that goes in your bed but divides you from the baby. Just a thought...
Anyway, whatever you think is best. You will probably need monitors anyway, so you might as well get the vibrating ones if you think they would help. I've never heard of them!  :)