Author Topic: Short detox?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Jesus_Princess

• Adept
  • Me and my best friend (aka my brother)
    • Thoughts from Ellerslie
Short detox?
« on: September 19, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
I would like to do a detox but bt is really hard to detox around our house because my dad gets a little perturbed when we do not eat (especially when he has cooked-makes fasting kind of hard :().  He fishes so there are times when he is not home (when we usually eat junk food ::))
Here is my question: Is there any kind of detox that can be done in a weekend to five days?
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell."
          - C.T. Studd

My wonderful mommy is In Christ!

My Blog:
http://steppingheavenward-ellerslie.blogspot.com/

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
Re: Short detox?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »
How about a juice cleanse?

Mornings drink fresh fruit juice as much as you want.
Noon start fresh veggie juice as much as you want.
Dinner have veggie juice as much as you want.

You won't go hungry. You will cleanse and build. And you can do it for a long period or short.

Offline Jesus_Princess

• Adept
  • Me and my best friend (aka my brother)
    • Thoughts from Ellerslie
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
Thank you!  I might do that.  Would it work if you add protien to the juice?  My mom has to have protein in the mornings or else she gets jittery and sick for the rest of the day (hyperglycemia we think).
Thank you again!
Through Christ
JP
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell."
          - C.T. Studd

My wonderful mommy is In Christ!

My Blog:
http://steppingheavenward-ellerslie.blogspot.com/

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »
I get that as well and have been told to be careful with the juicing, but I figure the cleaning is so good for me and I usually lose weight on it that I go ahead and do it. She may want to be careful. But as far as getting jittery I don't get that when I am doing the juice as I get it through out the morning. Remember you can have as much as you need and I find a steady stream was good for me. So that helps stop the low blood sugar thing. But I have also read that she can have a few nuts to chew on with it. So that could be the protein you are looking for but I do think that that would slow down the cleansing. check on here for more experienced juicers. There is a thread somewhere.

You could always start with the water cure. I think that there is a thread on here for that as well.