Health Products > Around the House

Tide Clone Recipe

(1/3) > >>

herbs girl:
I am posting up my recipe for Tide Clone. I have recently made this, and it really whitens, brightens and cleans clothes! At only 2.1 cents per load using 1 Tablespoon!  There are two 5 star reviews on Food.com for it. It is very easy to make, much easier than making the liquid Fels Naptha stuff.

IT is also pretty natural, and you can subsitute any powder detergent OR grated castile soap for the powder detergent in the recipe

http://www.food.com/recipe/tide-clone-laundry-detergent-359103

hi_itsgwen:
Thank you!  This sounds great!!!

tonysgirl:
Thanks- maybe I'll give this a try. I was tired of my laundry not getting clean with the Fels-Naptha recipe... so I resorted to Tide, cringing at what all we're absorbing into our bodies that's no good for us....

CKSMOM:

--- Quote from: tonysgirl on August 27, 2010, 08:18:31 AM ---Thanks- maybe I'll give this a try. I was tired of my laundry not getting clean with the Fels-Naptha recipe... so I resorted to Tide, cringing at what all we're absorbing into our bodies that's no good for us....

--- End quote ---

Is Sun detergent natural or something??  How would it be any different than Tide regarding absorbing things into your body??

Just curious..

herbs girl:

--- Quote from: CKSMOM on August 29, 2010, 06:16:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: tonysgirl on August 27, 2010, 08:18:31 AM ---Thanks- maybe I'll give this a try. I was tired of my laundry not getting clean with the Fels-Naptha recipe... so I resorted to Tide, cringing at what all we're absorbing into our bodies that's no good for us....

--- End quote ---

Is Sun detergent natural or something??  How would it be any different than Tide regarding absorbing things into your body??

Just curious..

--- End quote ---

I read that Sun detergent doesnt have phosphates or something.

This recipe would be more natural if you would use grated castile soap(for example Kirks castile or you could use Ivory)

The secret ingredient that makes the Tide Clone work so well is the SUN oxygen cleaner, it doesnt have all the fillers that regular Oxyclean has in it, and  it really whitens and brightens. It just plain works.  Another plus is that it is cheaper at only $5 + tax at Dollar General for a huge bucket that holds about 12 cups of Oxygen cleaner, I measured it out!

I have used the liquid Fels Naptha before, and it just didnt clean my clothes like the Tide Clone does.  Also another big plus is that it is so easy to mix up.... Just put it in a ziploc bag and shake it up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version