Author Topic: Tide Clone Recipe  (Read 5009 times)

Offline herbs girl

• Master
Tide Clone Recipe
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:58:15 AM »
I am posting up my recipe for Tide Clone. I have recently made this, and it really whitens, brightens and cleans clothes! At only 2.1 cents per load using 1 Tablespoon!  There are two 5 star reviews on Food.com for it. It is very easy to make, much easier than making the liquid Fels Naptha stuff.

IT is also pretty natural, and you can subsitute any powder detergent OR grated castile soap for the powder detergent in the recipe

http://www.food.com/recipe/tide-clone-laundry-detergent-359103

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
Re: Tide Clone Recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
Thank you!  This sounds great!!!
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline tonysgirl

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:18:31 AM »
Thanks- maybe I'll give this a try. I was tired of my laundry not getting clean with the Fels-Naptha recipe... so I resorted to Tide, cringing at what all we're absorbing into our bodies that's no good for us....

Offline CKSMOM

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 06:16:44 AM »
Thanks- maybe I'll give this a try. I was tired of my laundry not getting clean with the Fels-Naptha recipe... so I resorted to Tide, cringing at what all we're absorbing into our bodies that's no good for us....

Is Sun detergent natural or something??  How would it be any different than Tide regarding absorbing things into your body??

Just curious..

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 04:17:33 AM »

Is Sun detergent natural or something??  How would it be any different than Tide regarding absorbing things into your body??

Just curious..

I read that Sun detergent doesnt have phosphates or something.

This recipe would be more natural if you would use grated castile soap(for example Kirks castile or you could use Ivory)

The secret ingredient that makes the Tide Clone work so well is the SUN oxygen cleaner, it doesnt have all the fillers that regular Oxyclean has in it, and  it really whitens and brightens. It just plain works.  Another plus is that it is cheaper at only $5 + tax at Dollar General for a huge bucket that holds about 12 cups of Oxygen cleaner, I measured it out!

I have used the liquid Fels Naptha before, and it just didnt clean my clothes like the Tide Clone does.  Also another big plus is that it is so easy to mix up.... Just put it in a ziploc bag and shake it up!

Offline tonysgirl

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:04 AM »
I guess my thought was that there would be total less of the truly bad stuff, sort of the lesser of the two evils! I wonder what did the ladies of old days use for their laundry soap? In "Farmer Boy" Almanzo's mom made a soft soap that I am thinking she used on laundry soap, so if I just grate my homemade soap will that get my clothes clean? Surely they didn't just put up with dingy clothes.  :-\ Maybe I should get out the washing board and scrub away!!

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
Here is the thread on Frugal village, has more information, links and a video from Youtube showing someone  making a similar recipe....

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/laundry/132569-tide-clone-recipe.html

Im not sure how the ladies in olden days kept their clothes from being dingy?

Offline a11an49

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
There must be some truth to this recipe if it has won two 5 stars on Food.com!! I am will definitely give this recipe for Tide Clone and will clean our clothes to that extra white and give it a brightness which is something that lacks when we ash our clothes!! I am happy to see that it can be made with such a small amount so we don't lose anything even if we are not happy with the end result!!

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 04:51:26 AM »
There must be some truth to this recipe if it has won two 5 stars on Food.com!! I am will definitely give this recipe for Tide Clone and will clean our clothes to that extra white and give it a brightness which is something that lacks when we ash our clothes!! I am happy to see that it can be made with such a small amount so we don't lose anything even if we are not happy with the end result!!

My mom uses this recipe now (Tide Clone) and she has a  front loader!

More testemonials and info on this link
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/laundry/132569-tide-clone-recipe.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:53:25 AM by herbs girl »

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
I'm going to make my first batch of laundry soap this weekend! I'm excited about it. I'm going to have to find Washing Soda though. I hope they have it at Walmart. They don't have it at the Commisary on the base.  :)

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
There is an improved version of this Recipe.... Its using  1 part dawn Dishsoap and 1 part Improved Tide CLone for each load. Awesome stain fighting and really gets the grease and stains out without having to pretreat as much!!!

For Each load...

1 Tablespoon Improved Tide Clone (1 part each borax, washing soda, oxygen cleaner)

and

1 Tablespoon non concentrated Original Blue Dawn

5.3 cents per load total. Works really well!

Offline txseawater

• Adept
  • JESUS PRESENCE~
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
  :D!! Hey Ladies! ( & Gents...)  I am making up my first batch of laundry washing powder tonight and checking in with my **SPECIAL** WTM girlfriends and BOOM! ON TOPIC TODAY!!!! TA DA!!!!  "Tide Clone Recipe"  :D Y'all are so great. O.K!! for frugality - duh? Where have I been? ( I got busier than I ever dreamed and more ill than I ever dreamed! ) For NON-XENOESTROGENS in the daily "diet"... THIS IS ULTRA MUCHO IMPORTATENTE!!! If you are younger than me, and if you are having or not ( yet )  having issues with peri-menopausal symptoms, one of the main culprits seems to be chemical estrogens in our laundry detergents! Man boobs?! Environmentally disturbing evidence of male fish making the switch??!! I'm giving this my full attention now and wondering what took me so long!? The web is now full and this site is full of information on the subject of ESTROGEN DOMINANCE. You can not help but wonder if there's not some sort of conspiracy... tsk tsk tsk!  >:( We've primarily used Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent for years but evidently this has not been good even though Arm and Hammer makes the boxed washing soda ( not baking soda) that you can more easily find at your local grocer or Wal Mart.  Economically speaking, try to find your washing soda - sodium carbonate at your local pool supply about $10 / 5 gallon bulk.  I caught a hint that might be worth mentioning. If using Zotes for your soap, it will fade your dark colors like black so reduce it by 1/2 for a batch for dark colors. Keep the recipe to 2 & 1/2 oz. ( basically 1/2 bar ) of Fels Naptha, Zotes, Octagon, Kirks, or Ivory ( or home made! :)  )  1 c. borax, 1 c. washing soda. for your whites & you should be well pleased. Evidently, some tweaks in this basic recipe would be for hard and soft water considerations. White Vinegar to rinse always. Is there any more info from someone? I'll be watching ...  :) 
Sea ~~~_/) ~~~

Offline txseawater

• Adept
  • JESUS PRESENCE~
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »
P.S. Anyone already know on the tweaking the recipe thing - why if you have hard water would you not be able to add some baking soda to your load -  - guessing tsp. per load?
Sea ~~~_/) ~~~