Author Topic: Crumbling Teeth  (Read 3070 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Crumbling Teeth
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:32:21 AM »
This question was sent to me in a personal note.

I am a 42 year old mom of six ages 9-19 and during the past two years my teeth have begun to litterally crumbly one after another.
My holistic dentist thinks that many are dead and doesn't feel like repairing them is  taking care of the root issue though that is what we are attempting to do. He suggested that maybe my body putted the calsuim from by teeth during close together pregnancies/ and 10 years plus of nursing. Can anyone give any suggestions, ideas, etc. I do not drink juices or pop. Not a big sugar eater either other then home baked cookies. We are clueless. Can anyone help?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline SarahK

• Master
Re: Crumbling Teeth
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 04:52:41 AM »
I've been pregnant/nursing for 12 yrs so far and this & bone density with me are big concerns for us.  I have excellent teeth so far but started supplementing calcium some years ago.  I doubt there is much to be done about teeth already damaged, but I would be concerned about your bones.  If you have calcium loss, you are going to have big problems down the road.

Women in my family have had 5+ generations of painful shrinking from bone degeneration.  My grandmother seems to have stopped this trend by adding calcium religiously and muscle buidling exercises.  From her research - the muscle building encourages the bone to re-calcify to support the increased mass.  Now - don't go thinking this is a 'muscle-beach' workout my 85 yo grandma & my 60 yo mother are doing - but they have regular routine 15 min a day or so.

Check this out for yourself & keep asking questions - you are WAY too young to resign to such trouble down the road-

Sarah K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline tiffanniwi

• Learning
    • Check out the best, all natural, no hormones added, beef jerky!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:20:04 PM »
  I doubt there is much to be done about teeth already damaged, but I would be concerned about your bones.  If you have calcium loss, you are going to have big problems down the road.

WRT teeth, there is a yahoo group here http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Herbal_Remedies/ that has a recipe in the files section for a tooth and gum tincture by Ian Shillington N.D. If you want to find his store, It's called organic solutions and you can search it.  Anyway, claims are that it works and can actually save teeth and repair bone and gum loss.  The ingredients are all herbs and essential oils.  I want to try it.  In the files section is the actual recipe.  You have to join to access the files but if you request to join, it's immediate (or it used to be).  I hope this info helps someone.  I am wanting to get this and try it soon!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 05:10:37 AM »
I had the same problem, only my teeth began to break in my late teens.  Many pregnancies and years of breastfeeding didn't help much, either. 

I take calcium/magnesium supplements, also exercise and have healthy lifestyle/diet.  Several of my siblings had the same trouble.  A dentist who looks further than just dental decay told one of my sisters that the trouble was from a low functioning liver.  Well, I'd known for years that I had liver problems but no one had told me this would affect my teeth.  I began aggressive herbal treatment for the liver, use tea tree oil soap for teeth brushing, and that has helped. 

Just a side note, the dentist I was seeing 20 yrs ago when most of my teeth were going bad wanted to do many root canals and crowns.  Financial considerations at the time forced us to decide that I should have those teeth pulled and get a partial plate.  I have never regretted that decision.  The plate is comfortable and an affordable alternative, IMO.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline Kathy

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »
I read somewhere in the nourishing traditions book by
sally Fallon that children's teeth remineralize at a rate ten times faster than adults' teeth do.  I was unaware that teeth did this at all before reading this.  Her big things ( and mine too) are raw, organic milk from grass fed cows, and cod liver oil combined.  You know- just make sure you get both each day because somehow they work together-- vit D plays in I'm sure.  Anyway, I have had my kids on this for almost a year now and I can honestly see a difference.  My 1yo has no overbite, my2yo and 5yo still do, but they sneak sweets and the 5yo doesn't drink much milk, however the 8yo had cavities that are GOING AWAY, and her teeth are whiter-- they were yellow (perm teeth) and the 11yo - her jaw does seem to be widening-- she even noticed the other day.  16yo not much difference; she drinks LOTS of milk but cant stand the cod liver oil, so isn't very judicious in taking it.  My teeth are not so great due to fillings, but I was having pain, maybe start of a cavity? and now I don't.

Hope this helps.  You may have already tried this, if not it may be worth a shot!  --Kathy