Author Topic: Sambucol question...(elderberry syrup)  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Anneatheart

• Adept
Sambucol question...(elderberry syrup)
« on: September 28, 2006, 08:27:30 AM »
I just bought a big bottle of sambucol, for all of us to start taking. However, I noticed in the description on the box it just said for upper resperatory viruses...well, that's great and all, and I don't like my kids to get sick with colds etc., but does it also help defend against stomach viruses? We all, and I mean the whole family, had a stomach virus...we took garlic, tummy tune up as well as lysol/bleaching everything, we still all got it. WE even spread it to my poor parents...it wasn't a really bad one, but still nasty. I was giving the kids emergenC drink 2-3 times per week, but now I'm wondering if it really helps much. My husband and I have been using Three Lac to get rid of candida as well, I thought we'd be better off than the kids...

Anyways, I'm just wondering if it's supposed to help with all viruses, and I happened to get the adult formula too, can I still give it to the kids? What about my 7 month old?

Jessica

Offline Gabriel Anast

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Sambucol question...(elderberry syrup)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 08:49:59 AM »
I believe that Elderberry does help with all viruses and that it is safe for all ages. We have had great results with Sambucol and another more expensive brand called Honey Gardens.

--gabe

Offline Livelovely

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 05:25:17 AM »
I believe that Elderberry does help with all viruses and that it is safe for all ages. We have had great results with Sambucol and another more expensive brand called Honey Gardens.

--gabe

Gabe-
How often do you give your kids sambuccol when they have a cold?  The box says four times a day for intense use and the bottle says two times a day.
Mama, is your name Honey or just Mama?

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 08:23:54 AM »

Anyways, I'm just wondering if it's supposed to help with all viruses, and I happened to get the adult formula too, can I still give it to the kids? What about my 7 month old?

Jessica

Yes, I believe it is good for all viruses, even the bird flu virus (source: herbalhealer.com)

BTW, for all those interested, looks like Sambucol may not be available much longer. Apparently, the company that makes Sambucol has been sold. So, get your Sambucol while you still can--stock up for that winter season!

MS
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:04:13 PM »
You can also find an elderberry bush and make your own...kinda like making jelly without the pectin.  My boys like it mixed with their maple syrup  :D

Offline murfette

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 03:29:57 AM »
I made my own and have had great success with it.  I bought some elderberries and placed them in a jar about 1/2 full.  I then filled the jar with Vodka and let it steep for a few weeks before using.  Just shake it daily.  I kept the elderberries in there and just use the liquid when we feel a cold or sickness coming on.

It is good for all types of colds, flus, and viruses.