† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Diatomaceous Earth [DE] for Internal Cleansing [Parasites]  (Read 36686 times)

Offline floydian

• Master
Re: Diatomaceous Earth [DE] for Internal Cleansing [Parasites]
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 07:29:55 AM »
Hey BJ, what about GSE, that's a great parasite murderer, and it's gentle.  It aslo kills yeast.  Whenever I've used it, I've not had very bad die off reactions.  Seems to be more gentle than black walnut.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mineó
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline kitty.dan

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 03:24:45 AM »
After reading everyone's thoughts on diatomaceous earth, I didn't see anyone mention the danger of inhaling any of it.  It is to be handled using a face mask, and it is also a dessicant so it dries out the skin.  In my part of Canada, the organic grain growers use it in their graineries, and they know not to breath it.  Just a heads up...

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 04:10:07 AM »
Don't get it in your eyes either.
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 08:03:17 AM »
The main DE thread contains several warnings about the dangers of inhalation.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,19743.30.html

Offline KCNC06

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 07:38:52 PM »
Perhaps a little off topic - but wanted to add anyway.  :)

I bought a pound of food grade DE a couple months ago to add to my dog's food and to our chicken feed, and to sprinkle in the gardens/around the yard. I started reading about all the health benefits that it can offer to both animals and people and decided to give it a shot myself.

I had a sinus infection for about four months. I saw three different doctors and told all three that I didn't think it was a bacterial infection and wanted them to do a culture to find out what we were dealing with. All three acted like this was the craziest request they had ever heard, and put me on antibiotic after antibiotic. After a month on four different antibiotics, the sinus infection hadn't cleared up at all and I now had unhappy bowels and an uncomfortable yeast infection (after a month of killing off my good flora what could I expect?). I found an herbal antifungal solution that I added to my daily Netipot routine and the sinus infection started to clear up within a week. (Turns out I had a water leak in my office at work with some major amounts of mold growing in the wall/carpet.)

Anyway. I decided that it wouldn't hurt too much to try adding DE to my water to see if it could help clear up my issues from the antibiotics. It sure seemed to. I've continued taking it daily, 1 Tbsp a day normally. When I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold recently I bumped it up to 2 Tbsp per day. My husband came down with the same early cold symptoms the same morning I did. He's very opposed to me taking DE (he's worked in the pool industry for 15+ years and can't get passed the toxicity of the DE used in pools vs. food grade.) and won't take it himself. My cold symptoms (tired, stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat) were gone by the following morning, he felt bad for a week. The past couple weeks I've been getting very little sleep and woke up yesterday morning with stuffy sinuses, a runny nose, sore throat - similar precold symptoms. I bumped my DE up again and felt better by this morning. I also upped my vitamin C, zinc, grapefruit seed extract and olive leaf extract this time since I really don't have time to be sick - but I can't help thinking the DE helps too.

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 04:30:07 PM »
Hello Jaque,
I saw worms in my 20 month old stool today. I had suspected something for about a week since her BM changed in the last week to normal to very loose. She has also said "itch" about her vag/rectal area for about the same time.
I already use DE for our Goats but would like some better direction as to how much and how to give it to my family. I have 7 of us ranging from 9 years for the oldest and 20 months the youngest. I am planning on giving this to all of us since it seems like the most straight foward and "easiest" way to rid us of these little "suckers." Can we put it in smoothies? Or would that just ruin the smoothie and better to just drink it then drink the smoothie afterward?
Thank you in advance.
Tennille
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:23:35 PM by tynnille »

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
Hi Tennille,

Aaah... That is pleasant!   :P  Since you are already familiar with DE for your animals, the following link will be, in large, a refresher for you -- though on the human level, instead of for your animals.
http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_human_use.html

I like the detail Wolf Creek Ranch goes into regarding usage, as well as benefits.  Food-grade DE is great stuff...   :D

We usually use approximately 1 TBS for adults, and 1 tsp for youngsters -- but that should vary a bit, depending upon how much a person needs to detox as well.  (Remember, we are looking at many different benefits - so while the main concern is the parasites at the moment, the detox is also important.)

No one likes a rough detox, so it might be better to start with lower doses, and over the course of a week or two, bump up a bit to larger amounts.  Just make sure you give it every day, and not skip days in between (if you do, just start over on your days).

We just take the DE in a small amount of water, then follow with a larger glass to rinse our mouths.  (The DE is "gritty", and has an earthy taste - not horribly unpleasant, but for some, it takes a wee bit of getting used to.   :D)  I have not tried it in smoothies, but bet something like that might mask the DE quite well.  We just like to get it down and over with, so I would still take in water... and then follow later with a yummy smoothie.   ;D

**For puppies/dogs, we recommend using for a 7-10 day period - this allows for killing off of most parasites.  I have followed this for our human family as well, though there are enough benefits above and beyond that of parasite removal that could encourage someone to take this on a regular basis...   ;)

Hope this helps...
J
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:43 AM »
Thanks a bunch. I am heading to the feed store today to buy a new 50# bag. I have two bottles of an hebral dewormer...should I give the kids that too? We are giving up sugar for the duration as well, plus limiting meat. I will update you as to how well it works for us.
Tennille

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 06:11:26 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 06:28:10 AM »
Thanks HB!  Was just thinking this needed to be split...   :-[ 

Tynnille,

Not knowing what kind of dewormer you have, I would greatly hesitate to give it to the kids (your human kids  :D). 

I believe, in many/most cases, the DE should work efficiently, without the use of another dewormer... but, if you haven't, you should read through the information I included above; I am not positive, but believe true food-grade DE (as in "human-grade") may be processed differently than what you will find at the feed store... but not positive.   ;D 

I know the DE at the feed stores is considered "safe" for animal consumption - but since they are expecting only farm use, there may be contaminants in it...  ?  I don't have time this morning, but am thinking when I get a few minutes later today, I will call Wolf Creek Ranch (or you might?) and see if there would be a real difference between the two products.

Anyway, hope that helps ~
J
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 05:42:23 PM »
    Okay, I finally have an update for you all..though I can't say it is very encouraging.
      After 20-30 days of using DE (Red Lake) I saw some improvement with my 20 mo. old on and off. She definately seemed to have better stools when taking it except for bouts of loose stools - which I am assuming was when new batches were hatching - UGH!
          But then I read Jaque reply saying that maybe i need a "human grade" DE instead of just a "food grade" DE. SO I stopped giving everyone the DE and gave my 20 mo. old an herbal worming formula from Dr. Christopher's instead. I used that for about 5-7 days, giving her 1 t., morn and night. There was really no great help there. Her stools were consistently loose and seemed like I saw more and more worms as the days went on...UGH Again.
        Well, I now have what should be a human grade DE (Perma Guard - much whiter and fluffier) so we are starting the regimen again.
I am giving the 20 mo. old with works the DE - 1 t. - 2 times a day. and the rest of us I am giving varying amounts based on age only 1 a day.
We started last night and already her stools are more solid.
I do believe the DE works to get rid of parasites....BUT, you do need to be consistent and do it for a long period of time (at least a month) to really see results since the DE does not kill the eggs, just the stinkin' wiggly buggers.
          I am ready for this to end, but also realize that it may be a consistent problem for my daughter till she learns to NOT suck her thumb...or I become one of those crazy moms who wears hand sanitizer on my belt ;D
Well, I will update again as to our success after another month of use.
      Oh, by the way the Perma Guard tastes much better...the Red Lake brand was very earthy since it had some sort of calcium in it - maybe bentenite calcium...or something like that. We take it in OJ and can hardly tell the Perma Guard brand is even in there...though no one really objected to the Red LAke brand either.
     I say, at this point if you are struggling with parasites, the DE is worth a try. She did seem to have some relief with consistent use of it, even if it wasn't the "right" stuff.
Tennille

Offline cherish

• Learning
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »
I agree.  The Perma-Guard brand is much more easily downed than the other brand that we tried.  The kids take it in water no problem.  I don't know what the difference is in the taste but it isn't gritty or clay like at all.

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
why not give her some cloves to kill the eggs? is that too much for a baby?? if not, you could grind some up in a smoothie for her.

Offline johnnjill

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 09:16:28 AM »
My family and I take DE everyday in our smoothies - you can't even tell it's there.  1 T. for adults.     1 t. for chilren.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »
Has anyone used the DE from Azure Standard for human consumption?   thanks
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »
I am wondering if anyone has used DE over an extended period of time.   Is it safe long term and what, if any side affects/benefits have you noticed.   What dosage did you take?   Thanks
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Kiki264

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »
I just came about this thread.  I'm very interested in it.  The last post is in September 2010.  I know it's been a couple years but does anyone know if it continues somewhere else.  It seemed to be going rather well than just stopped.  Does anyone know if it continues somewhere else? 

Thanks 8)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
This is it. I guess the topic just drifted shut.  Perhaps since you have refreshed and bumped it to the top where it can easily be seen someone will have new experiences to add.

Offline DE-Bob

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »
I wish I had discovered your post years ago.  I have only been taking DE internally for a week, but I've collected a lot of information on it and I'd like to help anyone who will listen.  My research started when I first read the words "diatomaceous earth" on a list of things it could be wise to stock up on.  I found a local chain company that supplies tractors, I think, that carried Red Lake Earth Diatomaceous Earth and bought 3-20 lbs. bags.  After a trip out of town I returned and ponied up.  A Tbsp. mixed in water was like drinking mud.  Day two I started the dogs on a cottage cheese/DE mixture that they inhale. 

Long story short I passed a worm my second morning, but thought the taste just didn't match ALL of the reviews I had heard.  So here's what you're reading this for.

Red Lake Earth DE is 67% DE and 33% Montmorillonite (calcium bentonite).  There are some who say a calcium supplement aids the DE in it's health restorative properties, but the taste is a major turnoff and could keep kids, and fickle adults, from a regular cycle of use.

Perma Gaurd DE is 89-94% DE plus 28 trace minerals and reportedly has no taste, but a chalky aftertaste.  Also, being 22-27% more DE sounds better at equal price points.

I will keep my clay DE for grain storage and back up, but I will be buying the purer DE tomorrow and expect better flavor if not better results.

Aside from knowing personally it is effective as a dewormer, I've read and believe other claimed benefits that include better hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, teeth, vision plus lower numbers that I'd like for myself and my loved ones like blood pressure/sugar, cholesterol, both good and bad.  It makes sense on two levels for me. Firstly, parasites are known to rob nutrients from the host as well as emit toxins that effect physical and mental health.  Secondly,  people are DEficient.  DE is mostly Silicon and that is a mineral that is NOT in most fertilizers or crops.  I don't sell DE, but I want to.  For me, this stuff is the Pharmaceutical industry's worst enemy.

So, while RLE-DE is food grade and effective, PG-DE should be flavorless in water and easier to get my loved ones to take regularly.  If you have any questions, I'll try to hep.

Offline 634shy

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
I wish I had discovered your post years ago.  I have only been taking DE internally for a week, but I've collected a lot of information on it and I'd like to help anyone who will listen.  My research started when I first read the words "diatomaceous earth" on a list of things it could be wise to stock up on.  I found a local chain company that supplies tractors, I think, that carried Red Lake Earth Diatomaceous Earth and bought 3-20 lbs. bags.  After a trip out of town I returned and ponied up.  A Tbsp. mixed in water was like drinking mud.  Day two I started the dogs on a cottage cheese/DE mixture that they inhale. 

Long story short I passed a worm my second morning, but thought the taste just didn't match ALL of the reviews I had heard.  So here's what you're reading this for.

Red Lake Earth DE is 67% DE and 33% Montmorillonite (calcium bentonite).  There are some who say a calcium supplement aids the DE in it's health restorative properties, but the taste is a major turnoff and could keep kids, and fickle adults, from a regular cycle of use.

Perma Gaurd DE is 89-94% DE plus 28 trace minerals and reportedly has no taste, but a chalky aftertaste.  Also, being 22-27% more DE sounds better at equal price points.

I will keep my clay DE for grain storage and back up, but I will be buying the purer DE tomorrow and expect better flavor if not better results.

Aside from knowing personally it is effective as a dewormer, I've read and believe other claimed benefits that include better hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, teeth, vision plus lower numbers that I'd like for myself and my loved ones like blood pressure/sugar, cholesterol, both good and bad.  It makes sense on two levels for me. Firstly, parasites are known to rob nutrients from the host as well as emit toxins that effect physical and mental health.  Secondly,  people are DEficient.  DE is mostly Silicon and that is a mineral that is NOT in most fertilizers or crops.  I don't sell DE, but I want to.  For me, this stuff is the Pharmaceutical industry's worst enemy.

So, while RLE-DE is food grade and effective, PG-DE should be flavorless in water and easier to get my loved ones to take regularly.  If you have any questions, I'll try to hep.

First time using this sight. Does diatomaceous works on tapeworms and also if the parasite is in another part of body other than just the gut. I feel itchy and tried papaya seeds and had a very fine thread like white fiber half inch long attached to the stool twice at different times. My husband had a tapeworm come out with papaya seed smoothie and some small white worms. it's scaring me from past few weeks. I got black walnut capsules and not sure if do anything. I feel itchy even in my lower back area and not sure why it would be there. crawling feeling on hips and run to the bathroom sit on a mirror and find nothing there. took 3 days 100 mg of mebendazole and nothing came out but this pinning feeling on hips is scaring me. Feel pain in lower abdomen sometimes when sneeze and feel like something is fluttering inside may be acid who knows what I'm freeking out. Hubby is on metronidazole 500mg twice a day for 10 days. Reading about people talking about the reproduction is scaring us. Doctor didn't believe my husband and did nothing, simply said maybe you ate sausage and that's what the white stuff is and assuring us that parasite does not happen in canada. Well well we have gone to three different continents in the past three years. until the papaya smoothie did the trick.
I want to do diatomaceous earth clense but not sure if it will kill them from every part of the body and do I need to do loads of laundry and sticking vasaline in our rectum to stop more eggs. I'm so scared after reading stuff about them getting into vegina though I have not seen any thing alive other than my hubby founded one on him. Both going for colonoscopy, hopefully soon and stool tests as well although read on a lot of sites it's not reliable. Taking pills for three days today I have scratchy throat may be it's common cold but everything seems like related to parasite. Problems I have, grinding teeth, before my hubby finding parasite I always thought it was due to stress, low acting thyroid, diagnosed only a month ago first time, pebbles of stool which sinks in the water started around six months ago, a little hemoroids from couple of years. But never had really scartchy rectum only some pinning and crawing feeling but nothing visible there than twice a little thread not sure if it was something or not. Hubby has none of my issues but had real worms. I think he has the problem and I have the symtoms. Please tell me that I'm not going crazy and there is actually a cure for the whole body and be parasite free forever.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:00:58 PM by 634shy »