I hope this can be akin to the Master Cleanse Log...where those on anti-yeast diets can check in for support, post struggles and success, and ask ?s of others on anti-candida diets.
We've been discussing doing this on the Fighting Candida While Nursing/PG
thread, as well as Shabby's 40 day Anti-Yeast Cleanse for Nursing Mamas
A couple of us are planning to do a "slower/more gentle" version, as we are nursing wee ones, and want the die-off to be less intense. Some are following more of a Maker's Diet plan. All are welcome!
This site has the plan that some nursing moms (myself included) are beginning.http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com
It has VERY good information, IMO, and she's not selling anything.
There are menu plans, recipes, and articles on anti-yeast plans for babies and children. She's been cited several times on WTM.
Here's the general plan from her site:(Jemima--will you do Pau d'Arco? I'm not clear if that's the one that dries up milk--thought it was the black walnut...will have to check.)Example Program for Making Changes:
1. Start eliminating some A. Sugars that feed candida (below), and at the same time start to increase good fats, i.e. butter, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, and protein (if your intake was quite low), Do not increase proteins more than you increase good fats â€“ try to keep a balance of 20% protein to 60% fat. If your protein intake was high you might need to lower it temporarily until you can increase your fats enough. If there are not enough fats in ratio to proteins it will cause constipation. If you increase protein without good fats you can also get sick, including an upset stomach. It is more important to get your fat ratios up to recommended levels than to increase protein too fast. Keeping the correct ratios of fats to proteins will become more important as you lower your carbs.
2. Continue eliminating A. Sugars and start eliminating B. Dairy Products (below), as well as continuing to increase good fats, protein only if required. Also start eliminating man-made vegetable oils and fats (except olive oil).
3. Continue eliminating A. Sugars, B. Dairy and work on eliminating some foods listed under C. High carb foods. Since it is more difficult to increase fats than proteins, concentrate on increasing good fats, even if you have to eat it by the tablespoon with meals.
4. At this point you should have eliminated all of A. Sugars, and B. Dairy. Continue eliminating more foods listed under C. High Carb Foods (below) and continue increasing good saturated fats. If your fat intake is lagging do not increase protein until you are able to obtain enough good fats. Also eliminate all soybean or soy products of any kind and start eliminating all processed foods.
5. At this point you should have eliminated A, Sugars, B. Dairy and C. High Carb Foods. Now start eliminating D. High carb/sugar vegetables. At the same time work on increasing good saturated fats and continue eliminating all processed foods and also eliminate all sources of yeast, fungi and molds.
6. At this point you should have eliminated A, Sugars, B. Dairy, C. High Carb Foods and D. High carb/sugar vegetables. Eliminate D. Seeds and Nuts. At the same time work on increasing good saturated fats and continue eliminating all processed foods.
7. At this point you should have eliminated all foods that feed candida and all man-made oils and fats, soy, and most processed foods. Hopefully you are now getting enough fats so you can eat the amount of protein recommended.
8. Now you can start taking essential supplements . Start with low doses and gradually increase them. If you have problems taking some of them cut back on the dose or spread out the amounts taken more throughout the day, i.e. taking smaller doses more frequently. Ensure you have supplements with meals, and that you take hydrochloric acid supplements (HCl) to help digest them. If you get nauseated on supplements, increase the amount of HCl. When you start on cod liver oil or fish oil add them to your total fat intake.
9. Antifungals , When to Start on Them - After you are completely following the entire diet and taking all of the essential supplements, AND you have gotten through some of the worst "die-off" symptoms, you are ready to start on antifungals. Some people must be on the diet up to 6 months before they can tolerate antifungals. Only take one antifungal, other than coconut oil, which is part of the diet, and Pau D'Arco Tea (a mild antifungal that also detoxifies). The best antifungal is raw crushed certified organic garlic, and close runners up are oil of oregano or clove oil. Always start at a low dose and gradually increase them. If you experience too many die-off symptoms try taking smaller doses more often during the day. If the symptoms are too intolerable you might have to stop taking it for awhile longer, staying on the diet and supplements. Some people need to be on them 3 to 6 months before they can tolerate another antifungal. You try again later.
10. Probiotics, When to Start on Them - Once you are no longer having severe die-off symptoms from the antifungal you can start on probiotics â€“ see the main article "How to Successfully Overcome Candida" for a full explanation. At this point in time you are doing all 4 Steps of the candida program at the same time, and you would continue doing all 4 Steps until you have cured your candida.
Foods that Feed Candida
A. All sugars, artificial sugar or sugar substitutes (except stevia), and sources of sugars, including fruits (except lemons), honey, maple syrup and any foods and supplements that contain sugar.
B. All dairy products, except butter, butter oil and ghee (clarified butter), including cheese, milk, cream, buttermilk, kefir, yogurt, etc. Most candida sufferers do not respond favorably to kefir and yogurt, even when it homemade from raw dairy, so it is best to eliminate them.
C. High carb foods such as starches, grains and legumes (plants with seed pods), including breads, cereal, pasta, pizza, cereal, baked goods, peas and beans from seed pods, potatoes, etc.
D. High carb/sugar vegetables, i.e. beats, squash, corn, parsnips, sweet potatoes, yams, carrots, etc.
E. All seeds and nuts.
Please see a thorough explanation of these foods in the article "How to Successfully Overcome Candida" so you understand why these foods feed candida.
Bee's Candida Control Diet
(consists of 3 food groups: proteins, fats & carbs)
â€¢ Moderate protein from animal meats, eggs and seafood. Eggs are one of the most perfect foods you can eat, particularly raw certified organic free-range eggs â€“ see Bee's raw egg drink in the Recipe Folder.
â€¢ High "good" fats and oils, including oil soluble vitamins and omega-3 essential fatty acids, such as naturally occurring fats in meats, eggs and seafood, coconut oil, butter, lard, etc. These "good" fats do not create body fat; man-made vegetable fats and oils and carbs DO. They also do not cause cholesterol problems â€“ the cholesterol theory is totally false â€“ see the article "How to Successfully Overcome Candida" for more information on this.
â€¢ Eliminate all "bad" and damaging man-made fats and oils, which is all vegetable oils other than extra virgin olive oil, such as Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Safflower Oil, Wesson Oil, Crisco, margarines, etc. â€“ they are all man-made fats and oils which act like plastic (toxic) to the body. You wouldn't melt plastic and eat it, nor should you damage your health by eating these plastic oils and fats.
â€¢ Eliminate all sources of soybeans and soybean products, which are very damaging to the body.
â€¢ Eliminate all processed foods.
â€¢ Eliminate yeast, mold and fungi contained in foods and the environment â€“ Candida overgrowth can greatly increase the chances of a reaction to all types and forms of yeast, mold and fungi - see the list in the article "How to Successfully Overcome Candida".
â€¢ Eat low carbohydrates, which are all foods that are not classified as protein or fats. Only eat low carb vegetables â€“ see handy lists in the "Candida Diet" Folder for all of the foods and vegetables recommended.
â€¢ Eliminates toxic sources as much as possible, i.e. over-the-counter drugs and other medical drugs, even hormone replacement, blood pressure pills, anti-depressants, etc. Gradually cut back on taking them as you start on the Immune Building part of the diet. Also eliminate all Teflon cookware, plastics, toxic body care and household cleaning products, household molds, etc. Do not microwave any foods or beverages, not even water. Irradiation and microwaving damages the body's blood cells. Synthetic carpets are also toxic and may require many shampoos before getting rid of the worst toxic effects. http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/intro1.php