Author Topic: Morning Sickness: Prevention & Treatments  (Read 59221 times)

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
Morning Sickness: Prevention & Treatments
« on: April 03, 2006, 03:58:21 AM »
Well, looks like number 4 is on the way!  The inevitable finally sunk in yesterday when I realized that it had been 39 days since my last period and we got a test and confirmed it.  I'm struggling a bit with this as we really felt like we were finished with 3 and I had just lost all the weight (literally!  I JUST filled my closet with all my old clothes from storage - bummer!) and we have so many plans for this summer. 
My last 3 pregnancies were all difficult and seem to get progressively worse.  My last one I was throwing up around 5x a day, couldn't sit from the hemroids, had insomnia the entire 1st and 3rd trimesters and water gave me heartburn!  I've also gained 65 pounds with each baby and I just don't have the heart to go that route again.
So, CALLING ALL REMEDIES!  I know I'm not the only one who has difficult pregnancies and little ones to take care of, but I'll be honest:  It really feels like I am. 
I'm going to order the Supermom tablets TODAY and I've just finished my ginger lemon tea as I'm already feeling a bit gaggy this morning. 
I just watched a good friend go through a miscarriage this week - it was their miracle baby and she is devestated so I just feel so unthankful to not be excited about this.  If the Lord puts it on your hearts to pray for me, please do!!
This is just throwing us for a loop as we have a very small house and we literally have no where to put the baby.  He wouldn't even be able to room in with us as even a cradle wouldn't fit in our room and our current baby's nursery is just a glorified closet.  We love our home and don't want to move and couldn't afford to even if we did. 
I know in my heart that the Lord will be faithful.  He is entrusting us with this precious little soul and I know that this is His will (we were using birth control!), it's just hard to get excited about all the physical and emotional changes - I suffer from depression BIG TIME during pregnancy - when we have so much work to do around here plus homeschooling my boys and just getting through the day to day rigors of a pregnancy. 
HELP!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
Re: Morning Sickness: Prevention & Treatments
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:47:21 AM »
I have no advice, but I will pray for you.  I also face horrendous morning sickness during my pregnancies (currently on #4 as well) and I feel very drained as a result.  The Lord will sustain you if you turn to Him wholeheartedly.  He knows you better than you know yourself and His plans for you are for good.  Trust Him with this blessing as you have with your first three and He will prove faithful beyond your hopes.  Blessings,
                                                                      ~Layla
PS- I'm on day 3 of Supermom and I already feel a difference, if that encourages you at all!  Despite it's odor and appearance, it is surprisingly the only supplement I can keep down - and thankfully the only one I need!

Offline Julie G

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 06:58:01 AM »
I do not have much wisdom spiritually speaking.  I'm expecting my second in 2 months and my little girl is 16 months old.  This pregnancy was not planned and I had wanted our children to be further apart.  I struggled somewhat with having another baby so close to our first but the Lord has been so faithful!  I firmly believe that Satan wants to come in and rob our joy of being mothers and he wants to tell us that we can't handle anymore.  The Lord is so faithful!  The only thing I can say is that His word is true and He will NEVER give us more than we can handle.  I know my situation is very different than yours but God's Word is truth regardless of situations.  I also had guilt over not being joyful with this pregnancy.  Through His word He's restored my joy.  I pray that the Lord will restore your joy as well.

For tips on difficult pregnancies:  

Morning sickness - can be relieved with a topical progesterone or estrogen cream (read What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause- I can't remember which one was recommended)  I have not tried this but my midwife said that often times morning sickness is due to an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone.  Hormones are overproduced to keep the baby alive in the first 3-4 months which causes the sickness.  Simply applying the cream to the back of your neck is suppose to give nearly immediate relief.  I found my midwife in my 5th month when the morning sickness was over, that is why I haven't personally tried it and can't remember which cream she recommended - something to definitely research more into.  (You'll have to check out the risks as I did not....just know that my midwife who has had 9 children said it got rid of the morning sickness through her pregnancies - she very highly recommends it)

Weight gain - so far this pregnancy I've gained 20 lbs.  With my first I gained about 35 lbs.  I started following a meal plan about a month ago as I was having problems getting the right proportions of food - tired, bloated, gaining weight very quickly.  I can email you the plan if you'd like.  I substitute alot of things the plan calls for, (for instance they call for artificial sweeteners & margarine - which I completely ignore - still I've had great results).  My energy is up and I've managed to stay in size small to medium maternity clothes up to this point.

Exercise - I've found an excellent exercise video that truly gives you a great workout.  It is called The Perfect Pregnancy Workout.  This is the first workout video I've found that I actually get a workout with.  There are even exercises for women with diastasis - separation of the abdominal muscles.  There is an opening montage on the video that is very earthy/new agey but the exercise is very fast paced and gets down to business.  This is a strength training workout so combined with walking it'll more than keep you in great shape throughout your pregnancy.  The website for that is www.progressiveparent.com.   The workout is done by a former trapeze artist for Cirque du Soleil, but if you're interested in a good video for exercise I wouldn't let that intimidate you, there are modifications for exercises - beginner/intermediate/advanced.

Hope this helps!  I'll definitely pray for you!

Julie
Ellie:  (when she was 3 years old)  "Mama, you sure got a big butt to sit with!"

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »
I gained 55 pounds with my first baby, with way too much water retention, misery, etc...

The Spirulina and Supermom turned my life around! I also felt like exercising again - because of the Supermom, and was able to walk regularly, which helped, I'm sure.

Here's a list of pregnancy dos and don'ts - Everybody, feel free to add to the list!

Get to bed on time. Every one hour of sleep before midnight does more for you than 4 after midnight.

Take at least 20 minutes a day to stretch and walk even if it is just around the yard. 40 minutes is better.

Drink two quarts of water, tea, or unsweetened juice each day.

Stay away from sugar! No sweetened drinks!

Keep a container of fresh veggies in the fridge to snack on when you get hungry.

Eat quality beef, chicken and fish.

Stay away from greasy food.

Take your multi-vitamin EVERY DAY

Get a nap in when you can.

Pick your restaurants carefully so as to avoid temptation.

Play happy music so you will feel inspired to move around more and sit less.

Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 05:27:59 AM »
Thank you for your prayers and remedies!  I'm feeling better about it today.  I went and got some pregnancy magazines and tried to get my maternity clothes back from the local consignment place (too late!) yesterday.  I'm not feeling too gaggy yet so I'm able to put it in better perspective. 
I was the 4th child and was conceived after my dad's vasectomy, so needless to say my parents were very upset to find out they were pregnant and went out of their way to make sure I never knew just how unplanned I was.  I found out when I was 18, it really made an impact on me spiritually to know that God went past physical boundaries to bring me here and that is how I need to look at this baby. 
My husband has had a desire to open a ranch for troubled boys for years now but obviously, we could never afford to start such a thing.  Within the last 3 months, we've been given 3 different opportunities do this!!  Even this past Sunday (we found out about the pg that night), we spent several hours with a Pastor (Mike Rozell in case any of you are familiar with Pottersfield Ministries) who also has a heart for troubled teens and told us that the money and the property are the easy part!!  If God puts the desire in you and you are willing to go, then heck, whats a million dollars to GOD?  Nothing! 
In the same manner, God has put this life in our hands and he can provide the funds for a room addition just as easily.  But even if He doesn't, half the world lives in smaller homes than we do with twice as many kids and grandparents too!  My husband said if this was another boy we would probably want to keep them all out in the barn anyway  ;D
SO!  I ordered my Supermom, got a morning sickness tincture from a local herbalist, am eating lots of protein to keep my bloodsugar steady and bought a Pilates DVD yesterday - I think maybe I'll 'watch' it today  ::)
Julie:  I'd love to get info on that eating plan you mentioned, my email is [email protected]
I'm really looking forward to the Supermom and keeping up energy to hopefully exercise throughout this pregnancy.  I really CAN'T gain that much weight again! 
Anyway, thank you so much and if you think about it, please continue to pray for me  :)
Andrea

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:55:36 AM »
Stay away from sugar! No sweetened drinks!

I totally agree.  I'm not big on desserts (except fruit salad!) and I'm usually happy with seltzer or ice water with fresh lemon.   Lately, though I cannot seem to get enough sweetened iced tea!  Aside from the basic thing about sugar not being great for the body, is there a specific reason to avoid it during pregnancy?   (I'm not remotely diabetic.)  Thanks.  I love all the learning I do here!           ~Layla

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 04:23:43 PM »
My morning sickness is starting to ease up a bit but I'm noticing that I most often get nauseated about 15 minutes after a meal.  I need to eat regularly otherwise I get even more nauseated so it's been really annoying that food is just becomming the enemy here - darned if I do and darned if I don't  :P   
I'm wondering if something like Tummy Tune up would help the nausea or is it more for use after antiobiotics and yeast issues?  I'm pretty sure I don't have any yeast problems (I've done 3 cleanses and don't show any of the classic yeast overgrowth signs) but I'm getting sick of feeling sick   :( Grrr....
Any help would be appreciated!
Andrea

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »
We've had lots of response from morning sick mamas who say they were absolutely miserable and sick around the clock until they started taking Tummy Tune-Up. I had no idea it would help with morning sickness, but I'm delighted to hear it, and not surprised.

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 07:01:08 PM »
I suppose it would depend on why you are sick.  Most experts believe that morning sickness is a result of a B vitamin deficiency, which is why raspberry leaf tea is recommended (it works). 

Ginger will also help morning sickness but if used, pregnant women should be VERY CAUTIOUS using it.  I drank it in very small amounts when needed for morning sickness, but the Asian cultures and other documentation say that large amounts of ginger can induce early labor and even miscarriage.  I'm not sure why ginger works, but if you are having trouble with something microbial which causes the morning sickness, it would make sense as ginger is an immune booster as is Tummy-Tune up. 

Tummy Tune-up does not really affect the immune system directly (if I'm correct), but it gives the gut extra fighting power to rid the body of toxins that would make you sick, including viruses, bacterial germs and yeasts.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 07:21:30 AM »
Thanks!   My last baby I took B6 supplements, ginger, drank tons of raspberry leaf tea as well as took Premesis which is a prenatal with extra B6 to help morning sickness.  I got pregnant right after finishing a 9 day juice fast so I was in good health and I still threw up 5x a day until I was 16 weeks!  I'm just one of those that get sick I guess....  ::)  In the past, food has always made my tummy feel better so it's weird that it makes things worse this time.  I'll definitely try to tummy tune up and I'll keep you all posted!!
Thanks again!

Offline jennyho

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »
Hello, I have never posted here before, but I have been browsing for a month or so with great interest.  I have a good friend who is 11wks pregnant with her third baby and very ill around the clock.  I thought I would post my question under this topic since it is also concerning morning sickness.  She can hardly keep anything down and is very discouraged because she had started eating a lot healthier since the last pregnancy and was sure that she would do well this time around.  I have never seen anyone get as sick as she is and was wondering if there is anyone out there who has gone through this type of pregnancy sickness or has any suggestions for how she could help herself.  Any ideas would be appreciated!
jennyho

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »
I'm doing a lot better this pregnancy than I did during my other ones and one of the things I started taking is  called Morning Sickness Balm by Mountain Meadow herbs.  I believe you can just type in Mountainmeadowherbs.com and you can order it through their web site.  It doesn't always take away all the symptoms, but certainly helps with some of them. 
Also, like I mentioned in my earlier post, vitamin B6 (supplements or foods with lots of B6 like raspberry leaf tea) and ginger tend to help morning sickness.  Eat every 2-3 hours (something small like a few crackers or juice) to keep blood sugar stable.  I haven't tried the tummy tune up yet as I have a probiotic formula here at home already that I'm trying to see if it helps.  I took it with my meal the other night and I didn't get nearly as nauseas as usual - might be the key I was looking for!!
Anyway, best of luck to her, my magic number is week 14 (usually) so hopefully she'll feel better in a couple of weeks.  I'm 2 weeks away and counting every single day!!  Yuck!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »
Ginger does work, but don't take very large amounts.  Too much ginger has been reported as a way to induce miscarriage.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 01:24:09 AM »
I am finding that after a meal when I am the sickest, papaya enzyme tablets help a little.  Before a meal, dried papaya helps some.  I have been discouraged this week with things not helping much but hope today is better! 

Offline messagemom

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:40:07 PM »
Does anyone know of something to help extreme morning sickness and fatigue?  With my first pregnancy I was so sick I couldn't keep even liquids down - not even rice water, etc.  I ended up in the hospital twice on IV's, then had to take medication till I was 4 months in order to be able to eat.  The second pregnancy was similar but no IV's , just medication.  I was very tired and not well the entire pregnancies.  My third pregnancy I was much better, though probably sicker than most, and I lost the baby at about 15 wks.  With my first two, I could hardly  raise my head for a good two months.  Please help if you can.  I'm ready to try about anything!                I've tried B-6 , but when I get sick I'm unable to swallow pills.    Thanks for any help!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 01:45:06 PM »
Does anyone know of something to help extreme morning sickness and fatigue?  With my first pregnancy I was so sick I couldn't keep even liquids down - not even rice water, etc.  I ended up in the hospital twice on IV's, then had to take medication till I was 4 months in order to be able to eat.  The second pregnancy was similar but no IV's , just medication.  I was very tired and not well the entire pregnancies.  My third pregnancy I was much better, though probably sicker than most, and I lost the baby at about 15 wks.  With my first two, I could hardly  raise my head for a good two months.  Please help if you can.  I'm ready to try about anything!                I've tried B-6 , but when I get sick I'm unable to swallow pills.    Thanks for any help!

Raspberry leaf tea is reputed to help with vitamin B deficiancies and morning sickness.

It also sounds like you might have some problems with candida.  Candida overgrowth can cause fatigue and possibly be contributing to your tummy problems as well.  Taking probiotics (or eating yogurt and other fermented foods) and cutting way down on your sugars will help to rid your body of candida.  Wean yourself of the sugars slowly; however, to prevent extreme detox as this could cause an overload for baby.    A few have said that Tummy Tuneup has also helped tremendously with their morning sickness.

When and if you get your sickness under control, make sure you are getting enough healthy fats in your diet and lots of protein to help heal your intestines.  Avoid margarine and hydrogenized fats.  Use only natural unprocessed fats like butter, cream, olive oil, cod liver oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, and organix flax seed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:49:58 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline felmleyfam

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 06:31:40 PM »
Sorry you feel so sick. From my experience this pregnancy (my third) I found a great prenatal that helped my naseau in a matter of three days. It is called vita natal by eclectic institute and their website is eclecticherb.com (you can order throug Azure if you are familiar). It may have been the herbs that are included in the pill like ginger (for digestion) for example. It didn't help my friend in the same way.

I do have a friend that has been as ill as you with all three pregnancies and this pregnancy she took Unisom with good results. Good meaning less throwing up (but still throwing up), more able to function (still sick) but no trips to the hospital this time.

Here is a little info I found re: Unisom. Her midwife suggested it but you would obviously have to decide that you felt ok about using it. She only took one quarter of a pill per day and now (at 5 months along) takes that dose every other day.

www.parenting.ivillage.com had this to say:
Question: I am early in my second pregnancy and am very concerned about morning sickness. During my first pregnancy, I vomited twice a day every day for the full nine months . I have heard wonderful things about Unisom. Is this safe if I end up with never-ending morning sickness again?

Answer: The type of nausea you experienced with your first pregnancy is unlikely to recur with the second although I can understand your concern.

Unisom (doxylamine) is one of the ingredients in Bendectin, which was removed from the market in 1983 amidst speculation that it was implicated in birth defects. The text Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation by Briggs states:
"The evidence indicating that doxylamine-pyridoxine (Bendectin) is safe in pregnancy is impressive. A number of large studies have discovered no relationship between the drug and birth weight, length, head circumference, gestational age, congenital malformations or other adverse fetal outcomes. Although literature supports the relative safety of this product, when compared to the normal background of malformations, it is not possible to state that it was completely without risk to the fetus."
When a drug is marketed for use in pregnancy, and actually when pregnancy is an indication for use of a drug, researchers must deal with many coincidental birth complications, so it is difficult to rule these out as drug induced.
I would wait to see if you are affected with this type of nausea again so you can make a better risk-benefit determination.

happy wife & momma ! When people say, "you have your hands full," I say, "and my heart!!!" It changes their negative attitude into a positive one in a few seconds flat

Offline Bethany

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 08:37:51 AM »
You might check about getting B-complex shots. Many women find them very helpful in dealing with morning sickness, and the effect lasts about two weeks. Ask your care provider if they offer anything like that.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 09:29:37 AM »
You might check about getting B-complex shots. Many women find them very helpful in dealing with morning sickness, and the effect lasts about two weeks. Ask your care provider if they offer anything like that.

These shots give you a huge energy boost as well, but watch out for the hot flashes -  :o
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline SHERRI REEL

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 03:56:49 AM »
B IS GREAT BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR DIET IF YOUR CONSTIPATED THAT MAY BE YOUR PROBLEM WHEN YOUR BODY IS NOT CLEANSED PROPERLY IT DOES WHAT IT HAS TO ,TRY GRAPEFRUIT IT IS FULL OF VITAMINS AND GETS RID OF TOXINS.
MOTHER OF FOUR.
Just learn'n but pioneer at heart.
Sherri

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 07:20:48 AM »
ARGH! Four (hopefully) more weeks to go and I am back to have morning sickness, which is really morning and evening sickness. I was quite sick at the beginning of my pregnancy, I lost weight instead of gaining. Not so horrible.  ;) But the nausea and vomitting lasted well into my 6th month and when I had given up hope the vomitting stopped. I still had to be careful when I brushed my teeth. :) The past couple of days, I've really had to struggle to hold down my breakfast and dinner. Is this normal? I've read that morning sickness is due to a sluggish liver and I started taking milk thistle along with Super Mom and my standard process vitamins. At first I thought it was the heat and humidity but it has cooled down and I still feel sick. We normally drink raw milk but the cow is drying out so we've gone a little while without it so I can't get whey. I can deal with four weeks of being sick but I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this...
Also, I've been getting period like cramps and some sharp pains in my lower abs...are these Braxton Hicks contractions? It's my first baby so I have no idea! Does that mean I won't make it to my due date? The baby has dropped as well, I can't walk any distance without having to go to the bathroom.
We are using a midwife but it is at a hospital. :( We won't be using this practice again. The midwife has been nice and informative but not as natural as we would like. I try not to ask her too many questions or tell her too many things because I haven't liked all of the answers I have gotten. (It is mandatory to have a gonorrhea test and the diabetes test)
Sorry, I am rambling, I think this baby has taken over my brain! Plus, it is my last week of work so I am trying to get as much together for whoever takes over my postion. I can't wait to be a stay at home wife and mommy! :) Thanks for all your support everyone.

Offline still*learning

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 08:01:13 AM »
Hello Sunshine4th!
I feel happy just writing that. I like you suffered with morning/evening/day sickness and voimiting until my 6th month as well with both of my pregnancies. I lost weight quite a bit of weight as well and only gained 9 lbs total with both of them. I felt like reading your post that I was reading about my pregnancies again!

I could be wrong on this and I don't know what the other ladies will say but just to be safe I would call your midwife and go see her to check if you are experiencing the signs of early labor. The period like cramps and nausea could be signs of early labor - the ones in the belly are definitely braxton hicks but once you get them in the back those are considered actual contractions.

My first baby came so quick that I did not experience any of these symptons (thankfully). But my second one was born at 36 weeks and a couple of weeks prior to delivery I had the period like cramps in my back and once I transitioned into full labor I was nausea where I could not eat and felt like I was going to lose my lunch. I am what they call a "silent dilator" - I was 4 centimeters with both of my kids when I went into the hospital and both had dropped and I had contractions etc. but I never felt they were strong enough to worry about. I was put on bed rest with my son so that he was not born too early and he came toward the end of 36 weeks.

Hope this is helpful and I am anxious to hear what the other ladies have to say about this. From what I have learned with my family and friends all labors and deliveries are different.

Please keep us up to date on your progress and of course once your little blessing arrives!

Offline jaemom

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »
I was very sick with my first....all nine months.  I lost 30 pounds in my first trimester, and gained only 14 of it back in the last trimester.  With my third, I started going into early labor at 6 months after flying with my hubby to his award's banquet for work.  I started drinking lots of water, and got in a very warm tub, and after 3 1/2 hours it finally stopped.  I started spending lots of time in the tub after that to ease the pain.  I started having BH with her at 4 months, and at 6 months they started to get painful.  Dehydration can cause early labor, so drink lots of water.  Warm baths do wonders for the cramps.  I'm sure there are others who have suggestions on what to put in the bath.  Let us know how you're doing. 
Wife to J (10 yrs)
Mom to B (9), G (7), G (2), and B (1)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 12:21:44 PM »
Have you tried raspberry leaf tea?  I only had morning sickness in the first trimester, but it always worked for me.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 12:33:24 PM »
I have tried the red raspberry tea, no luck. I tried every bit of advice but nothing made it better, so I gave up! I just got used to throwing up every morning. :( I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who has morning sickness through out their pregnancies.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 03:05:08 PM »
I have tried the red raspberry tea, no luck. I tried every bit of advice but nothing made it better, so I gave up! I just got used to throwing up every morning. :( I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who has morning sickness through out their pregnancies.

Raspberry tea is supposed to help because of B12, maybe you could just try some B12 supplements?  You might also try ginger tea, but don't overdue it with the ginger, it's been known to bring on contractions but a couple of cups of tea wouldn't/shouldn't hurt.  We are talking huge amounts.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 03:23:07 PM »
Have you tried a really good pro biotic like Tummy Tune Up Original Blend?   ???

We have had many pregnant women that have told us they have gotten great relief from even severe pregnancy nausea.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this! Throwing up is just horrible.   :P :'(
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 07:20:11 AM »
I feel so sorry for you!  I understand totally. I am usually sick the whole 9 months but cannot throw up.  The gaggin reflex is there though and the horrible feeling like you are going to at any moment.  I am at 20 weeks now and still sick but I have to say the worst was a few weeks ago.  I hope it does not get worse than this because although it is better it is still bad.  I am taking supermom tablets and maybe that has helped me this time.  I have no advice because things that helped only did so for a few days until I discovered something else!
  Hang in there.  I always do and it is so worth it. 
I do not take my regular vitamins along with supermoms . Are you taking too many? 
I cannot drink our fresh milk from a neighbor.  It tasted barn-like to me. I am thinking it is the summer grasses they are eating. 

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 07:33:05 AM »
I have not tried Tummy Tune Up, by the time I decided that I would, I felt better. Now, with 4 weeks left, I'm not sure I want to spend the money on it. We are trying to adjust to loosing my income. When we start getting raw milk again, I will make beet and cabbage kvass.
I know what you mean about the "barn" smell. When we did have raw milk, I had to smell every jar to decide which ones I would drink! My husband was an angel and drank the stronger milk. :)
I don't think I am taking too many vitamins. I take Super mom, a B-complex, digestive enzymes and some extra calcium because we don't have milk. Besides, the super mom, they are standard process.
Thanks for all your advice. I went to the midwife yesterday and she says everything is going well. And thankfully, her guess is the baby will be no more than 8 pounds when it is born! (11 pound babies run on my husbands side of the family!  :o

Offline BigMamaH

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 04:05:39 PM »
I read on beeyoutiful that some women have used Tummy-Tune Up to successfully combat bad morning sickness and I would LOVE some advice on this topic!!  I am currently taking 1 pill 3 times/day (morning, noon and night) and it is barely cutting it.  If anyone has had a good experience using this or any other tried-and-succeeded methods of coping with constant nasuea (and four little one 7 and under!) I am open to any and all advice!!
Thanks so much, Kjersten
After getting a sticker from the Dr. that said, "GIRLS RULE!" on it my daughter said, "I know what the girl's rule is at our house!  Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right!"