† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Dead Colon? Surgery to Remove Colon Recommended by Doctor  (Read 9296 times)

burlsgirl

Dead Colon? Surgery to Remove Colon Recommended by Doctor
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »
My friend's doctor is telling her she has a "dead colon", as in not working at all. He recommends removal. She also is experiencing migraines, severe constipation, dark circles, worsening (a little) complexion. And a bacterial v*ginal infection for the last couple of months. The GI issues, she's had 15-20 years.

What do y'all think?

Assuming she consumes the SAD, and isn't "up" on all the supplements, etc... how would you advise her??

Thanks!!
Em

burlsgirl

Re: Dead Colon? Surgery to Remove Colon Recommended by Doctor
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:06:32 AM »
She has a colonic every week. The colon issue may only be resolved with surgery  ???, but in the mean time, the bacterial infection, migraines, etc... need help, too!

Thanks so much!

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »
Has she seen a chiropractor? My thinking here is that a good adjustment may kick-start nerves that are associated with peristalsis, the movement of the GI tract. Is that what the Dr. means by a 'dead colon'? I have never heard of that before.
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »
You couldn't pay me enough money to go under the knife again after the things I've learned.  And to try and function without a colon?   :o  No way.  This is where I would start. 

First this:

Inflammation & Diet [Diseases Related to Inflammation]
Inflammation & Diet [Recommended Dosages & Diet]

Then this:

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

And for the BV

Bacterial Vaginosis:  Causes & Cures

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:01:15 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:31 PM »
What about aloe juice?  Isn't that supposed to heal your insides?
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mineó
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:54:10 PM »
Please have her read this post...
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,12034.0.html

It's talking about stomach muscles but I would think the principle is the same.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »
send your friend to www.herbdoc.com - this is dr richard schulze website and  have personally used many of his products and read many of his books. He is sending his book "Healing Colon Disease natuarally" out for free this month - I would HIGHLY recommend reading it. It is amazing. Dr. Schulze is an amazing, giving, brilliant man who has helped thousands of people heal themselves from AIDS, Alzheimers, Cancer, and many other diseases. He had underground clinics open for over 20 years and apprenticed under Dr Christopher for many years. If there is anyone who KNOWS his stuff, it would be Dr. Schulze.
She can call 1 800-herb doc and ask for the book to be sent to her,and if for some reason he is not still giving the book away, pm me and I will send you my copy for free. It is a GREAT book and I honestly believe she can heal her colon herself 100%!

hope that helps!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 01:43:37 PM »
I'll share with you a story from a little boy who had cancer (was posted as prayer requests on WTM. I emailed with his mom once in awhile).  His colon was damaged from chemo and they removed it.  His parents from that point forward did only natural therapy and were able to kill his leukemia.  If I learned anything from that lady it is this, "life and death are in the gut."  Literally.  That little boy who had been healed from leukemia, died because his colon had been removed and they could not avoid ileuses.  Without his colon they couldn't keep his natural leukemia treatments going and working.  I would not in my lifetime have my colon removed because some doctor (who may or may not know what he's doing or saying) thinks my colon is dead.  I knew an old lady very closely who when the surgeon opened her up said her colon was dead there was nothing they could do.  They closed her up and she died a few days later because her colon was literally dead.   If your friend's colon were dead, she would die.  If she means she has little peristaltic movement - well, so does my 7yr old dd.  We are using colon cleanses and chiropractic to get her vagus nerve functioning well again.  Perhaps you could give her all these posts to start with.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
   If your friend's colon were dead, she would die. 

True... if something is dead or gangrenous within your body, you will be very sick and will die as a rule (I'm sure that there are some exceptions somewhere out there, but not the norm).
Generally a dead gut/colon is related to a lack of movement in that area that is usually caused by a decrease in blood flow or issues with the nerves in that area.  THis can be due to either problems with blood flow to that area due to circulatory problems or an obstruction of the bowel among other things.
I would consider looking at the causes for these issues mainly being circulation.  Dr Schulze has some excellent resources as listed above.

Offline jhandrh

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 05:45:57 AM »
If it's NOT truly necrotic/dead/gangrenous, and not poisoning her system, then I think if it were my colon and it was not a life or death situation I would want to keep it and see what i could do to correct the problem.  Who wants to poop in a plastic baggy attached to your belly for the rest of your life?  Just my humble opinion.

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 03:21:21 PM »
If she keeps up the SAD and ignoring health issues for 15-20 years she will likely have to get a whole lot more body parts removed.

I would probably advise her to have a second opinion by a naturopath.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 02:36:50 AM »
I just read about the wonderful properties of myrrh.  It is suppose to heal the stomach, colon, and the entire digestive tract. HTH!

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 04:01:19 AM »
I just read about the wonderful properties of myrrh.  It is suppose to heal the stomach, colon, and the entire digestive tract. HTH!

Oo! Oo! Start a thread on that! Tell us what you've learned!

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »

WR

ditto
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 05:05:10 AM »

WR

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,19178.0.html

WR
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:37:48 AM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?