Author Topic: Wart on the lip  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
Wart on the lip
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:58:39 AM »
Okay, here's a strange one:
My 9 yo daughter has had trouble with a wart on her lip for over a year now. We actually went and had the thing burned off because it was bothering her so much. Well, now it's back and I have used some herbal wart tincture I purchased online, to no avail.

The difficult part about this is that it is on her lower lip, right on the lip line. Getting anything to stay on there is a little frustrating, but I also have to be careful because she might ingest what I put on it!

Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks a bunch ;D

Mama Sita
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Wart on the lip
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 02:20:09 AM »
We really have a lot of success with Tea Tree Oil in this house.  I have only put the treatment on at night, anyways, so you may have success with that.  If you can find a small enough band-aid put some of the oil on the white part of the band aid and she can sleep with it on for many nights.  I would suggest supplementing her diet with some L-lysine.  It will help fight the virus that the wart is coming back from.

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:50:10 AM »
Thanks healthyinOhio,
I'll have to try that tea tree oil. Will that hurt her if she ingests it? I'm never sure. I am always very careful how I use herbs and natural remedies, especially essential oils. Some things are just not meant for internal use.

Yes, we have used a small bandaid to apply the tincture, and it seemed to work pretty well. I even have L-lysine on hand, since that is what we use for cold sores!  ;) Clears them up in a couple of days!

MS

"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:08:49 AM »
Well, it does say on the bottle not to take it internally.  But if you put some directly on the wart with a q-tip and then a band aid over it.  I don't see her licking it during the night.  If that idea bothers you, then maybe trying something else would work better.  I know I would do it for myself, but it may be different for a child.

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 07:12:09 AM »
I once thought my son swallowed some tea tree oil. I beleive according to poison control the main problem is inhaling the liquid into the lungs. Getting a little in the mouth doesn't hurt anything.