Author Topic: Testicular lump  (Read 6174 times)

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
Testicular lump
« on: May 20, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »
I tried to see if there was a thread on this subject but couldn't find one that applied.  Maybe this is a little TMI, but here goes.  
I noticed a lump on my husband's testicle and it is a bit concerning.  He hasn't had any pain or discomfort, and said that if I hadn't found it, he would not have noticed it.  He hasn't had a vasectomy, so it wouldn't be a complication from that.  I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with something like this, and what would you recommend we do first.  He doesn't want to run straight to the Dr, and get a biopsy at this point.  Are there any blood tests that might indicate if it were some kind of cancer?   Gabe mentioned some herbs on the testicular pain thread (or maybe it was called pain in testicle, or something like that), do you think that having him take some of those things would be a good place to start?   We just aren't sure where to start, other than prayer ( our first line of defense ;) ), any advice -and prayer- would be appreciated.
4yo DD: "Mom can I have a cookie?"
MommyGus: (being silly) "Say 'You are the best mom in the whole world'"
4yo DD: (being very sweet) "I love you Mom...In the best world...I love you"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Testicular lump
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:01:37 AM »
Could it be an infected hair follicle (fatty tumor)?  Or does it "float" causing you to believe it's under the epidermal layer?

I had a small fatty cyst in my lower extremities and after starting Cod Liver Oil, it softened and came out.  If it's too large, I don't know if it would help or not, but it's a thought.

Also I was reading yesterday about estrogens and I found that estrogens from our foods and environment are one of the leading causes of gender related cancers (breast, testes, prostate, etc).  Maybe you should consider looking at his diet/environment closer and see about eliminating these things to prevent further growth.  Progesterone supplementation is sometimes also recommended in such situations.

http://www.woodlandhealthproducts.com/AE_files/adams_equalizer_info.htm
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:35:34 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:28:05 AM »
Thanks HB.  You are so informative  :) :)

I will see if He wants to try the cream.  And maybe Cod liver oil too.  I highly doubt it is an infected hair.  It feels like it is inside the sack, on the testicle itself, maybe 1/8 inch diameter.  

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »
Bump 
Anyone else?

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
Hi MommyGus,
This is such a sensitive area, I guess I would recommend getting it checked.  Since he had not noticed it before you did, maybe it is really nothing. I really don't have experience in this area, other than nursing school, and detecting lumps in this area was actually something we practiced.

I know for prostate health, iodine is key, and maybe so for the testicles as well. May be well worth looking into.....

In the meantime, I'll keep you in prayer.
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline lotsagirls

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 03:18:48 AM »
Anyone else  have any thoughts on this?
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 03:32:47 AM »
I would wait until he is ready to get it checked out by a Doctor.  This is one of those things that just can't be guessed at.  If it is something minor, then the Dr. can set his mind at ease.  If it's not, then all the more reason to catch it early.  I know it's scary for men to go to the Dr. to be handled and prodded 'down there'.  And no man wants to think about the possibilities of testicular cancer, but it does happen.  It happened to a friend of ours at a young age. 

Ditto on the estrogens in the environment.  Check out this site for more information. It's a site for women who are trying to rid themselves of ovarian cysts caused by too much estrogen, but I found it fascinating and found the information applicable for my whole family.  Especially look at the Xeno and Phyto estrogen pages:
http://www.cyst101.com/phyto.htm
http://www.cyst101.com/xeno.htm

God Bless!
-Gwen
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 03:35:33 AM »
My thought would be to have it checked. Masses in the testicles could be benign conditions such as a varicocoele. They could be from a hernia. Testicular cancer is also a possibility. Testicular cancer is usually a disease of young men (18-25) but could occur in older men as well. I think a formal diagnosis would be best so that you would know what you're dealing with and make an informed decision on how to take care of it.

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:16:08 AM »
Thanks guys!

Hubby just brought up the subject of having it checked yesterday.  He is praying to find the right Dr (we just moved two weeks ago)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
Please encourage him to do so.  I mentioned this to my Mom, as her hubby had Testicular Cancer. 

Not to scare you...but I wouldn't put off the appointment.  Testicular cancer is known to grow and spread pretty quickly, so I wouldn't wait on this. 

Mayo clinic: (non-family friendly photos.  I guess God knew what he was doing making these things so awkward looking, or else men would parade around with no pants  ;D) http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/testicular-cancer/DS00046

"Compared with other types of cancer, testicular cancer is rare. But testicular cancer is the most common cancer in American males between the ages of 15 and 34. The cause of testicular cancer is unknown.

Testicular cancer is highly treatable, even when cancer has spread beyond the testicle.  Depending on the type and stage of testicular cancer, you may receive one of several treatments, or a combination. Regular testicular self-examinations can help identify growths early, when the chance for successful treatment of testicular cancer is highest." 

More good stuff on Wiki...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_cancer
So even if it's worst case scenario...it's very very treatable with a really high rate of cure.  Keep us posted!

~Gwen
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline Leat

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 06:00:37 AM »
DH just told me last night that his left side is bigger than the right and has been sore for at least the last couple weeks. There is a lump as well. He did have a vasectomy 5 years ago.

I'll show him this and see what he thinks.  I want him to get it checked out. But have learned to wait for him to reach that conclusion and not nag.  ::)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 04:09:35 AM »
He probably has a sperm granuloma. It is very common in post vasectomy men, and usually what the first diagnosis is with men and vasectomies. My husband has pain on and off from a vasectomy/botched reversal. He actually is going to the Dr's tomorrow to get it checked out. They will probably do an ultrasound to see if there is any sperm build up or excess scar tissue.

Offline 5 kidos

• Learning
    • Linda Kimble
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 04:57:17 PM »
A few years ago my husband found a lump also. The doctor performed a ultra sound and found what they called two epididymal cysts. They said not to worry about them unless they caused pain. Then to contact the doctor and he could have the cysts removed. I keep wondering if there is anything we can do to help them heal themselves, but I have never come across any information. In the mean time they are slowly getting larger.....   :-\