Author Topic: Amber teething necklaces??  (Read 4067 times)

Offline jjswan

• Learning
Amber teething necklaces??
« on: July 31, 2006, 03:18:20 PM »
I've recently been reading online about amber teething necklaces.  They are supposed to help babies as they are teething with pain, etc.
Has anyone heard of these or tried them?  Do they really work?  And are they safe?

Thanks
Jaci

Offline AndysJess

• Adept
  • blessed to be my husband's wife
Re: Amber teething necklaces??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:16:05 PM »
I have never heard of amber teething necklaces, but I saw the strangest thing at church on Sunday night.  A baby, less than a year old had on a weird looking necklace.  When I asked what it was, she told me it was nettle root.  The baby doesn't eat it...I guess just being in that close proximity is supposed to help with the teething through osmosis.  First of all, it kind of bothered me that the mom would have a string tied around the baby's neck...dangerous.  I don't understand the nettle root part either.  Maybe someone on here can enlighten me.
Helpmeet to Andy for over 10 years.  Mama to Drew, Dylan, Cullen & Avery...new baby due in May 2010

Offline HOMEFree

• Adept
    • Spark This Marriage - Christian marriage & romance boutique
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »

I am about to order an amber necklace for my baby myself. They have been used in Europe for ages. Chemo patients, migraine sufferers and others have been using them, too.

Here is a link to read:
http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/index.php?c=64&p=14913

Here is some of what it says:
  •   Baltic amber is not a stone, but a fossilized tree resin.

Historically, Baltic Amber has been used in Europe as a natural and traditional remedy and curative for many ailments for centuries. Long ago it was considered one of the leading ‘medicines’ of its time. Baltic Amber is the most esteemed amber in the world, and the healing qualities of Baltic Amber make it unlike any other type of amber found in the world.
    When baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin’s warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin.

Baltic Amber has some of the highest concentrations of Succinic Acid found in nature, and this is what makes it so special. Succinic Acid is a natural component of plant and animal tissues, and it's presence in the human body is beneficial in many ways.

•   Baltic amber contains analgesic properties and helps take the edge off of many types of discomfort.

•   When the body’s cells are chronically inflamed the human body’s immune system response is to increase production of free radicals. Chronic overproduction of free radicals results in inflammatory-related disease. Chronic inflammation is a common denominator of many seemingly unrelated diseases.

Anyway, there is a lot out there if you do search.

Offline spritzey

• Wide Eyed
    • The Pistachio Project
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
We LOVE our teething necklace! Works so well! My daughter hardly complains when getting teeth.
Brittany: mama to Logan (06/06), Ransom (07/07), & Everly (11/10)