† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Deep down throat pain  (Read 15473 times)

Offline bakermom

• Adept
Deep down throat pain
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
I have an awful pressure and pain in my throat.  It is mostly right above the collar bone on the inside and all the way down to the stomach as well.  I had a sonogram on the thyroid yesterday because it started out as a quivering feeling in that area. I don't have that result yet.  The thyroid is elevated though a little.  At night I can feel pain all the way through to my back and my neck is so sore.  Any thoughts?

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
Re: Deep down throat pain
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »
Don't know if this will help but...

Last week my DH started having a 'sore throat' - except that it wasn't sore as in sick.  It was 'closing off' right at the end of his swallow.  KWIM?

Well, to make a long story short, it flared up when he took a sip of flavored decaf coffee.  He had been drinking a small bit of the flavored decaf mixed in with his regular all week long.  He took a couple benedryl and was fine after that. 

So, it was an allergic reaction to the flavoring.  Scary, huh?  Since then we learned that the flavorings are just nasty chemicals!

Hope you find out what is going on!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »
Well that sure is interesting.  I had hives a couple of weeks ago so could it be a delayed reaction to something?  We have been drinking a new decaf this past couple of weeks.  I will try the old brand tomorrow.  I have been taking prilosec but it seems that the stomach pain is settling but not the espophagus. 

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
Way back along time ago before WTM, I got bit by a tick and the area swelled like a grapefruit and looked like I had red streaks coming from the area.

The doctor put me on some antibiotic.  I had some sort of reaction to it and my throat swelled so bad that it hurt to drink water.  It hurt from right above the top of my breastbone down a little ways.  I think it was about a week before I got over it. 

I remember taking the teeniest sips of water all through the day so I wouldn't get dehydrated.  I must have eaten very small things as well, but I don't remember eating during this period.

When I called the doc's office, they told me to discontinue the antibiotic. 

Oh thanks!!! ::)  No, they couldn't legally give me any more advice unless I came in.  I didn't want to go back in and I had tested negative for Lime disease by that point, so I waited it out and it went away.

I'm sure all of this rambling story has really helped you. ::)

I think what I was trying to say is that when I read esposita's story, something clicked and I also wondered if he had a reaction to something and his esophagus was swollen.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mineó
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:54:59 AM »
I don't think an allergy.  The pain is still there.  It is better than when it started, not so sharp and not the whole esophogus.  It hurts right above the collar bone.  If I bend to pick up something and talk at the same time, it hurts there.  At times, swallowing hurts there and if I cough, it really hurts.  I am taking vit c and that's about it.  I am not sick like a sore throat would make me.  I am recovered from the stomach flu feelings I had last week.  I am waiting for my neck sono results.  They have been in no hurry to get back to me and here I am waiting!  So basically I feel good except this nagging pain that I am hoping gets better.

Offline momto4girls

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:39:58 AM »
Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

This was a long time ago.  About 10 years ago.  My now husband was having throat pain.  He kept saying it felt like he had a fish bone stuck there.  It hurt to swallow.  The throat hurt in general.  He went to a small urgent care.  The doctor looked and couldn't see anything.  He told him he needs to go to the emergency right away.  The reason was if there was a fish bone, that supposedly he could die from it.  So we went.  He had a procedure done where they put some tube down his throat to see if there was infact a fish bone there.  Of coarse there was not.  It ended up being a yeast infection.  Ya, I have never heard of a yeast infection in the throat.  But there you go, my husband had it. 

This yeast infection cost us over $3,000.  Something tells me they could have figured that out without ripping us of.  :(

Anyway, thought maybe this would help some how.  :-\

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »
Any suggestions on what I could take for this?  I take probiotics already.  I am sure tylenol would help but I don't know if I need it.  I was thinking of taking bromelain.  Even an allergy tablet ,maybe in case it is an unknown allergy going on?  I don't have respiratory symptoms except my voice is rough.  If it was a virus, you would think it would have ended after a week and a half.

Offline momto4girls

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »
I cannot suggest anything, sorry  :-[.  I don't remember what my husband took for his throat yeast infection.  One thing I do remember is it was 100% prescribed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:35:54 AM by momto3girls »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 06:41:01 AM »
I just got some Black Walnut tincture for my DS's ringworm (fungal infection) and it kicked it in days.  Doesn't taste grand, but it only takes a dropperful a day and I think it would work well because the liquid would "catch" the infection on it's way down for direct contact and then it would also clean the blood for a more systemic healing.

Others might recommend GSE used in this same manner, but personally I think the BW tastes better than the GSE.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
We like our BW "tincture" on ice cream  ::)

My DH had some funky mouth pain a few months back - kind of like cold sores, but not really.  We didn't know what it was.  He started taking a swig of our BW "tincture" a couple of times a day.  It cleared up his mouth thing (whatever it was!)
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife