Author Topic: UTI and bleeding!!!  (Read 64263 times)

Offline oliveoil

• Adept
UTI and bleeding!!!
« on: January 12, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
This morning I came to the conclusion I have a UTI. It hit me quite suddenly. I'm having to go to the bathroom constantly and am bleeding as well. I thought this was just spotting from my recent period which I just ended, but now I don't think so, it's bright red and there is more every time I urinate. And it's getting terribly painful.
I'm taking cranberry pills, drinking water and eating blueberries.
Is this bleeding normal? Could I have something else and not a UTI?

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
Re: UTI and bleeding!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:27:42 AM »
They can test your urine to see exactly where the blood is coming from
( like a kidney infection.)
I would take copious amounts of cranberry and garlic...but then if a regular doctor were accessible and an option I'd certainly entertain a visit for a urinalysis.

Offline MamaSong

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »
I have had blood in my urine three times, once from a serious UTI, the other two times from kidney stones.  During the UTI, the blood was more cloudy and diluted.  Urination was quite painful.  During my kidney stone episodes, there was much more blood, I began passing blood clots, and I eventually I developed an excruciating pain in my side.  Most likely, you just have a serious UTI, but there are other causes of blood in urine, so I think you need to get to a doctor, if possible.  In the meantime...keep up the fluids, cranberry, etc.

Offline oliveoil

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:47:10 PM »
I've been drinking water like crazy, taking cranberry pills, eating blueberries and drinking Odwalla's Blueberry monster.
Maybe it's too soon to start singing the victory song but I have already noticed a decrease in the bleeding and pain.
If this works I'll be so excited, it seems I'm always turning to natural remedies and not getting the remedies that  I expect.

Offline cinmama

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »
sounds like you have this under control, but i found this on the bulk herb store website and thought i would post it.

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/sharing-remedies/answer-to-uti

Hope you feel better soon, bladder infections are the pits. 

Offline oliveoil

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 08:31:41 AM »
How long do I need to treat myself? I woke up this morning and it seemed it was begining to take a foothold again. Whereas last night I actually got to the point of hardly any pain and no blood in the urine. When will I know it's REALLY gone? I didn't expect it to be gone overnight but I also didn't expect it to get ahead so quickly just during the night...

Offline here-n-there-a-little

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »
How long do I need to treat myself? I woke up this morning and it seemed it was begining to take a foothold again. Whereas last night I actually got to the point of hardly any pain and no blood in the urine. When will I know it's REALLY gone? I didn't expect it to be gone overnight but I also didn't expect it to get ahead so quickly just during the night...

I have had an infection with hemoraging like that, three times.  My bleeding looked just like a period and very painful.  I didn't know about natural methods until right after my third episode.  Mine always come on very suddenly too.  So, in the morning, I might notice just the slightest tingling and by the early evening, I am hemoraging.  When I found out about taking cranberry, I jumped on it.  As soon as I felt that tingle I will take a TON of cranberry pills and continue to do so for several days even after the syptoms are gone.  Before I go to bed I will take an extra large dose. If I stop too soon, the symptoms come back very quickly.  This method has prevented any more hemoraging, although I do have to beware of the symptoms and take action before it gets to that point. 

My 2 yo dd just recently had an infection too.  I was in denial about it, thinking a 2 yo couldn't get one!  But when she started screaming everytime she went to the bathroom and went every 30-45 minutes, I had to finally admit that she had an UTI.  I gave her cranberry mixed with some jelly three times a day for several days.  It tried to rear its head two mornings, but the cranberry eliminated the symptoms within eight hours. 

It is just amazing to me how well cranberry works if you stick with it and use some generous doses.  (At least for my family).

Offline MamaSong

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »

I would keep up the cranberry, blueberry, etc. for a few days after the symptoms disappear and keep up the water intake even longer.  I was treating my dd at home for a UTI last week and must have stopped the cranberry too soon, because it came back.  I finally went to the doctor for antibiotics because I didn't want to risk a major kidney infection (and this isn't the first infection she's had recently, though the previous one went away with home treatment).  Hope you're feeling better soon!