Author Topic: Flies and Pests..well they are pests  (Read 14580 times)

Offline BettaGurl3

• I used to be BettaGurl3
  • Master
  • I LOVE HORSES!
Re: Flies and Pests..well they are pests
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »
water and soap
Like dish soap?? JC. That sounds like a great idea!!! My li'l bro's would have LOADS of fun w/ it. :D ;)

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 06:11:56 AM »
I have a question about Best Yet, from cedarcide.com  I was looking into it and found that the best yet product is 10% cedar oil and 90% latex.  I also found that the latex is silicon.  Now, I know nothing about latex, liquid latex, or silicon.    ::)  Do these products raise any red flags to anyone?  Would they be harmful to humans even though the company says it is organic and all natural?  Any thoughts?

mauimom

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2010, 06:01:34 AM »

Bump!!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2010, 06:08:19 AM »

Bump!!

Tried to look up more information on the link you posted, but got a page error and couldn't get any information.  Without knowing what the product, Best Yet, is or what you are using it for, so it would be difficult to comment about it.

If this is for a pesticide, you may want to read this thread for some ideas for natural and safe things that can be used.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:10:55 AM by ladyhen »
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2010, 06:50:29 AM »
www.cedarcidestore.com

Okay that should do it.  Well, I did some investigation and I don't think I'm better off than I was.  I found that liquid latex is tapped from a tropical tree (like maple syrup).  Which sounds just fine.  But then I found where some companies will add formaldehyde or ammonia to keep the latex liquid.  So I called the cedarcide company and asked them if their latex has added formaldehyde or ammonia, and she said no, it is the same latex used in cosmetics.  Well, as we all know, that doesn't mean it is safe.
So, I still don't know if I would take the chance and use it.  We just moved into a really, really old house, built 1870, and the amount of bugs we are finding even in the winter is freaking me out.  I hate to even think of what it will be like in the summer.  It is 23 degrees right now, but I can find at least 10 asian beetles throughout the house, along with some other black beetle, not to mention the wolf spiders in the basement.   :o :o  We kill the bugs everyday, but the beetles are obviously living under the siding and coming in for the warmth.  I don't mind the beetles, its the spiders that I can't tolerate.  But is it worth the risk?  I haven't decided yet.  ::) Its not like we will be drinking the stuff, or even coming into contact with it.  It will be sprayed and then it will dry up.  And the eaves are not somewhere the kids play, or the crevices in the basement.  Yes, I'm talking to myself trying to convince myself it will be okay.   ::)    The only other option is therapy for severe fear of spiders, I know theres a name for that somewhere.  ::)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!