Author Topic: swallowed Kaz Liquid Inhalant (contains Eucalyptus Oil)  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Mrs. JDT

  • Adept
  • Posts: 151
swallowed Kaz Liquid Inhalant (contains Eucalyptus Oil)
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:43:31 AM »
My 15 month old daughter put her hand in some Kaz Inhalant (the kind you put in a steam vaporizor) and put her hand in her mouth. She didn't swallow a large amount, just what was on her hand. The ingredients are: Eucalyptus oil, menthol, Camphor, Methyl Salicylate (4/10ths of 1%), Lavender Oil, and peppermint oil (mint essential) in a mineral oil base.
I called Poison Control and they said it could cause vomiting and nausea, but I wanted to make sure that the essential oil content wouldn't be harmful to her. I have heard it is toxic to swallow Euc. oil. The bottle says if swallowed may act as a mild cathartic. What does this mean?
What are some signs of toxicity or poisoning? Any help is appreciated.

Offline grocerygetter

  • Adept
  • Posts: 369
Re: swallowed Kaz Liquid Inhalant (contains Eucalyptus Oil)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »
The bottle says if swallowed may act as a mild cathartic. What does this mean?
I think it means it could act as a mild laxative.

Offline Mrs. JDT

  • Adept
  • Posts: 151
Re: swallowed Kaz Liquid Inhalant (contains Eucalyptus Oil)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 08:05:10 AM »
Thanks. She seems fine, I have just heard how toxic ess. oils can be if swallowed, and I want to make sure I know what to look for.