Author Topic: Relief for Gall Bladder Attack  (Read 98086 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Relief for Gall Bladder Attack
« on: December 19, 2007, 04:02:36 AM »
I think I am having a gall bladder attack.  I have a Dr.'s appt. today at 11:00.
I have read that drinking 1 TBSP raw ACV in a glass of apple juice will stop the immediate pain.
Warm some castor oil over low heat and saturate a cloth.  Place over gall bladder/liver area.  Wrap with a large piece of plastic wrap, and put a heating pad over the area for half and hour to 2 hours.
Also, I read that the herb Cleaver's is suppose to break up gall stones very quickly.  3 cups of cleaver's tea a day.  I haven't had time or the energy to go to the health food store, but if I have stones, I will try this.

What has been the symptoms that people with gall bladder attacks had?
Any other natural relief suggestions?

Offline littlemama24

• Master
    • check out this website!
Re: Relief for Gall Bladder Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 04:06:20 AM »
I think I am having a gall bladder attack.  I have a Dr.'s appt. today at 11:00.
I have read that drinking 1 TBSP raw ACV in a glass of apple juice will stop the immediate pain.
Warm some castor oil over low heat and saturate a cloth.  Place over gall bladder/liver area.  Wrap with a large piece of plastic wrap, and put a heating pad over the area for half and hour to 2 hours.
Also, I read that the herb Cleaver's is suppose to break up gall stones very quickly.  3 cups of cleaver's tea a day.  I haven't had time or the energy to go to the health food store, but if I have stones, I will try this.

I had twinge pains in my upper right quadrant (right by my last rib on the right side) that started off every time I tried to lay on my left side...but increased to constant right before they took it out of me.  The epsom salts mixed in fresh squuezed grapefruit juice (i.e. the liver cleanse Forever girl introduced) still help me even after the gallbladder is gone...   Hope you feel better soon!

Offline blackbird

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:20:16 AM »
You couuld call and ask my dad..he had these and had his removed.  But a warning if you do, he might try to convince you to watch the video..

Praying you are feeling better soon. and that you find some comfort.
Oldest son to recently unemployed grandma, "You don't need another job, Grandma.  You already have a job being old." (This was a couple days before her 49th b-day).  Boys.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 04:52:28 AM »
Does anyone have any other advise here...my step mom is havinig a bad attack and cant keep anything down. has tried lots of apple juice, and is waiting for a Schultze formula to get here,,,anything else other than what is posted? I am sending ove the raw ACV today today.
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 05:05:32 AM »
I cannot tell you how wonderful the castor oil pack worked!!  They sell castor oil at most health food and pharmacy stores.  It could be something easy to run and get to until your medicine comes! HTH!  ;)

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:39:25 AM »
My step mom is still pretty sick, can't eat anything (since yesterday)-- can barely keep water down-- Is also on the toilet all the time. We were wondering, how would you tell if the gall bldder ruptured or not?

She had an episode where she got real shakey ....she thought she may have passed something...but could that have been a rupture? She has had the chills, but no fever to speak of.

Should she watch for anything?  Any symptoms that says "get to the hospital now"?
She is doing the coffee enema, and I just got her some castor oil to do the pack,,,as far as the cleanse, she can't barely keep water down so we are nnot going to try that just yet.

Any help would be helpful.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:48:11 AM by natural »
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »
bump
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »
My Green Pharmacy book recommends a tea consisting of as many mints as you can gather and cardamom.  I made this for hubby once a long time ago using cardamom, catnip, peppermint, catnip, & lemon balm.  It worked to relieve his less painful attacks.  We never tried it when his attacks were bad enough to urge him to the ER.  ;D

Shiatzu techniques also worked to calm down his lesser attacks as well.  I bought a book.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
I cannot tell you how wonderful the castor oil pack worked!!  They sell castor oil at most health food and pharmacy stores.  It could be something easy to run and get to until your medicine comes! HTH!  ;)
[/quot
I second, third and fourth that.....totally works with pain in the URQ!!!
Michelle

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:05:08 PM »

They say gall bladder attacks can be differant for everyone and also differant between men and women. My main symptoms were:

-intense sharp pains in my middle to upper back kind of under or at the right shoulder blade. Those pains stayed there all the time but did not always feel awful, they varied. It felt like I had back bone troubles or something.

-pains around the right side rib cage

-pain in the upper right front side.

-nausea, sometimes barfing green stuff. Weakness.

-the pain can vary from mild to labor like pains that will double a person over and send them to the ER rolling in extreme pain and pleading for mercy and morphine.

- a pulsating twitching round thing in the upper right abdomen which I know now to be the gall bladder.

Sometimes when people are having gall bladder attacks they think they are having heartburn because it can take place near the same area and also they are both digestive system related so the same types of relief can maybe help both they say.

Things that helped me when I had gall bladder attacks:

-Laying on my side. I forget which side now but you will feel the relief once you lay on the proper side. It helps to drain out the bile from the buggered up gall bladder

-stop eating and drinking all together for the day if you have to because when the gall bladder is buggered up enough anything and everthing , including water, will cause more pain.

-when the attacks were not too sever I could eat a popcycle to help relieve it. Something about the cold helped it.

Stop eating foods high in carbs, fat, greasy and cholesterol because that will cause the body to work overtime to make more bile in order to help digest that stuff. That will cause more pain for the person already having gall bladder pains.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:43:32 AM by BJ_BOBBI_JO »

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »
Just an update..my sm has a stone the size of a quarter in her gall bladder...she has been in the hospital on Demerol  :( but feels much better---I am sure they will want to remove the whole gall bladder

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 05:31:56 PM »
Just an update..my sm has a stone the size of a quarter in her gall bladder...she has been in the hospital on Demerol  :( but feels much better---I am sure they will want to remove the whole gall bladder
I've heard of using ultrasounds to break up stones and make them small enough to pass.  Would this be an option for her?  After watching hubby go through all the digestive troubles he's had since having his gb removed, I hate to see anyone else be conned into believing that you don't really need it.  A missing gallbladder may not kill you, but it will certainly lessen your quality of life.  JMHO
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 04:23:50 AM »
.  o.k here is a question. My digestion is really messed up right now. Every morning when i get up there is aching pain right below my sternum. Somewhat burny , but calms down after food. Then  , especially after taking any supplements, it feels like ( right below the sternum again) something is twitching. But it makes me think at first that my heart skipped but I don,t think it did. It is enough to take notice. I thought at first that it only happened after my weight training the following day ( thinking hiatal hernia) but no. It f eels almost muscle but the twitching doesn,t hurt but is a little freaky feeling. So could that be gall bladder? I have had gall blader pain if gas had built up to much and sometimes have had pinchy pain over gall bladder area ( again when excess gas is built up) so i'm confused? To push in that area doesn"t hurt . Hubby said its time to get to the bottom of things so that's where ya'll came in HEHE.

Thanks Becky

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 04:26:18 AM »
.  o.k here is a question. My digestion is really messed up right now. Every morning when i get up there is aching pain right below my sternum. Somewhat burny , but calms down after food.

My doctor just told me that if you have pain in that area, and eating takes the pain away, then it would be an ulcer. 
But then again, he didn't diagnose my sickness correctly, so what does he really know?  ;D

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 05:58:59 AM »
lavendergirl -  Since eating makes the discomfort go way or better I would think that perhaps it is not your gall bladder acting up. But I dunno, it can be confusing since everyone can have differant symptoms.

From what I experienced and learned, eating makes gall bladder discomfort/pain worse. But there was that time I was having a gall bladder attack and ate a popcycle and the cold seemed to make it better. Confusion.

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 06:51:10 AM »
thanks guys for the info ;D i did do the master cleanse because we thought ulcer as well at one time. when i have that weird flutter/twitch thingy it also seems to kinda take my breath away. it can be kinda nerve wracking :o i have a anxious habit of holding my breath till i get faint and my heart skips/slows down ::) ::) yes i'm weird i know. maybe that has something to do with it. i'll go check an ulcer thread, now that ya'll know my goofiness ;D

becky

Offline esther

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 07:26:57 AM »
My step mom is still pretty sick, can't eat anything (since yesterday)-- can barely keep water down-- Is also on the toilet all the time. We were wondering, how would you tell if the gall bladder ruptured or not?

She had an episode where she got real shakey ....she thought she may have passed something...but could that have been a rupture? She has had the chills, but no fever to speak of.

Should she watch for anything?  Any symptoms that says "get to the hospital now"?
She is doing the coffee enema, and I just got her some castor oil to do the pack,,,as far as the cleanse, she can't barely keep water down so we are nnot going to try that just yet.

Any help would be helpful.
hi my name is esther i had my gall bladder  removed after i had our Frost son a year ago the pains started right after i gave broth to my son Jonathan it want on for almost two month before we know what was going on the pain it was horrible  we did the clansing but it didn't work we went to hospital couple of time for the pain and believe me we are not hospital going pepole unless it is and emergence this was  it got so bad were i could hardly stand up my husband had to pick me and lift me on the  hospital bed they gave me pain  killer with did not work they had to operatit the next day and the doctor said some of the stone stuck in my bile duct wich could be very deadly i would say take her and get it check out if you want to know more of my story let me know i hope i was a help. to me it  doesn't sound to good don't mean to alarm you let me know how it turn out  belive me i know how the pain feels  esther

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 10:40:33 AM »
This morning while I was still in bed I think I was having a gall bladder attack.  It was very painful but I've had one before that was much worse.  Last night as I was falling asleep I was having a pulsing feeling that I think was the start of this.  When I got up and got going with the day, the pain has gone but I am very cold, tired and I have a headache (those symptoms might be because I decided not to eat today because I don't want to make things worse.)  I did NOT want to go in to a regular Dr. because I don't want to have it removed.  I called one ND and she said that they recommend trying the olive oil/lemon juice thing.  I have heard that that is NOT gallstones coming out but just a reaction of the olive oil and lemon together.  I am nursing anyways and would rather not try that.  I called another one and she said they don't treat that and I should go to Urgent Care.  I don't want to go to urgent care and because the pain is gone, I don't think it's urgent but I'm guessing I should be doing something other than starving.
Is it safe for me to take some liver things?  I have dandelion & the similmarin (sp?) liver support from Beeyoutiful.  I worry maybe there is still a stone in there and if I eat the wrong thing or take the stimulating herbs it may force the stone to get lodged. 
Does anyone have any advice for me on this.  I'd  really like to eat something.  I can't think straight.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »
I have had problems with my gall bladder for well over 20 years. I learned early on that for me at least, eating doesn't bother it when my gall bladder is acting up as long as the food doesn't have fat in it & it isn't a food that tends to be a laxitive. (I get the runs when my gall bladder is acting up) The other thing I would do (not during an active gall bladder attack but during periods when my gall bladder was acting up a lot) was to take digestive enzymes that contained lots of fat digesting enzymes in it. That would help take the load off the gall bladder without having to go on a fat free diet.

When I was pregnant with DD (16 years ago) I learned about the connection with my spine that I refer to in the post below. Maybe the info will help.

BTW- Licorice root will help with the low blood sugar if you can't eat right now. It shouldn't bother your gall bladder & you can take it while nursing. I use 2 capsules (about 1 teas total) anytime my blood sugar gets low. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Thanks, DHW. I had meant to post on the gall bladder threads but forgot.

Try chiropractic treatment. Nerves to every organ in the body run through the spine. If a vertebra is out it can irritate the nerve that is leading to an organ & cause problems in that organ. Which organ depends on which vertebra is out. The nerve for the gall bladder for instance is in the upper back & the is one for the stomach is lower down.

I have an S curve in my spine & the change over is right at the nerve for the gall bladder. That makes that the weakest spot in my back & it goes out a lot. When it's out it irritates my gall bladder & I either get the runs,   (the gall bladder spasms putting out too much bile which is a laxative) vomit bile,  :P :P or have the symptoms of a gall bladder attack. Resetting my back stops it cold. DH has gotten quite good at setting my neck & back. For years before I found out about this Drs were telling me that I needed to have my gall bladder removed (which I refused) but they couldn't figure out why I was having problems since I didn't have stones, my ultrasound only showed a little bit of sand & it wasn't big enough to cause problems. I don't have gall bladder problems, I have a bad back. That isn't the case for everybody but it is in my case. I've been using the back resetting for 16 yrs so if it was truly my gal bladder I would know it by now. I have also stopped the runs numerous times in family members by resetting their backs. I have done it for a few non family members as well but I am cautious about who I offer to do it for. I know how to reset backs & necks but I'm leery of doing it on just anybody. Obviously, the runs have many causes but sometimes it is nothing more than the upper back is out. 

Here is a chart showing which vertebrae go with which part of the body. It's at the bottom of the page so just scroll down:

Spine Chart

I thought that this would make it easier to understand.

I had also posted this link on other threads & a couple of people said that it's didn't work. I don't know, it works fine for me. Anyway, here is another link for a different chart, hopefully it works.

New Spine Chart

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline jkcs4jesus

• Hope in Him
  • Learning
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »
Hi mamas,

8 weeks into my pregnancy, my gallbladder rebelled.  By the time I hit 16ish weeks, I was on the edge of my seat ready to go to surgery at any second. I could not eat so much as an apple without an attack. A mama here advised me to try this bean therapy: http://www.karenhurd.com/concern_gall_bladder.html

I did it and within 4 days, my extreme misery was gone and I was able to eat more fat.  I stuck with it for 3 weeks (all I could stomach pregnant) and stopped.  I have no symptoms and I eat moderate fat and have no symptoms unless I go past say 30 grams in a meal.  1 gram would cause an attack before.

I will do this bean thing again, but after pregnancy lol. 

I hope this is a help to someone.  Praise the Lord for His surgery free solutions.
Kari

Offline daniel3737

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »
Hello Herbal Mom,

I know I am kinda late but since you've been suffering from gallbladder pains for such a long time I may want to say something. Hopefully you are better by now but if not maybe this can help.

Have you tested for allergenic foods. Its been proven that in most cases gallstones are formed from the reaction people have to certain foods or the combination of foods.

Also parasites can inhibit the detoxification of the liver and gallbladder. Have you considered a good parasite cleanse?

If you are still having pains or have large calcified stones consider looking into something called the Pulverexx protocol. It actually helps to pulverize stones and turn it into a sludge.

gall bladder symptoms in women is more common than men. So learn how to prevent gallstone attacks. Just hope you are not in any hormonal therapy as that really increases the amount of stones.

Hope you are feeling better.

CHAO

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »
I've had alot of trouble with my gallbladder in the last three years coinciding with hormone shifts. The amino acid taurine and beet root powder have cured my issues. I did not have large stones. Taurine is quite safe even during pregnancy and breastfeeding. When I felt an attack starting I took several 500mg capsules, and then for several months I took one daily along with beet root. In addition I made sure to get plenty of soluble fiber in the form of pears, apples and apple products and beans. No more trouble!

Offline AmakuraXXii

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »
Hello everyone
I'm almost 27 weeks pregnant and I found out a few months ago that I had gallstones. Early yesterday, about 12:15am, I had  my first gallbladder attack. The second was later on while I was at work. I thought they were contraction-like pains, but they lasted too long to be normal. I went to the hospital to get baby checked and had forgotten until then that I even had the gallstones. Baby was fine, but then upon doing the ultrasound for my gallbladder, kidneys and liver, it was quite obvious where the pain was originating.
While waiting for results I came across this thread and became hopeful that there was a way to get relief. Immediately After lunch today I had another attack. I guess it helps me narrow down that even slightly fatty steak, deli meats, and spicy foods especially are some of my triggers. I sent my mother out for castor oil so as to use that for my future episodes, and next time I'm in the heath food store, I'll look for cleaver's to start a regimen of that. I also found that laying at a 35 to 45 degree angle relieves my pain almost immediately, especially when it is at its worst. It doesn't seem to be a permanent end, but it lessens the pain greatly so I can continue on with my day.

Offline mommyof3

• Adept
    • Discovery Toys
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 03:02:54 AM »
I had gall bladder issues with my fourth pregnancy. I found that tea made from flax seed helped with the attacks as well as watching what I ate. Although a lot claim it is only fatty, spicy food... I think a lot of it was caused from sugar too. Like the white sugar, prepackaged stuff! And I stopped drinking pop just about completely!