Author Topic: Homemade Finger Paints  (Read 2868 times)

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
Homemade Finger Paints
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:50:19 AM »
Does anyone have a recipe for homemade (finger) paint?  Doesn't necessarily have to be for fingers, just to paint on paper.  Preferably washable.

Also, could anyone recommend a medium to fine tip marker (crayon or pencil...)?  I'm looking for something for my son to do worksheets with.  Pencils, even colored ones aren't bright enough for tracing letters and crayons are to chunky.  I also want something that won't bleed through the paper so he can do double sided sheets.

Thanks!

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
Homemade Finger Paints
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:35:46 AM »
Just bumping this to the new page in case anyone can help!  :)

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade (finger) paint?  Doesn't necessarily have to be for fingers, just to paint on paper.  Preferably washable.

Also, could anyone recommend a medium to fine tip marker (crayon or pencil...)?  I'm looking for something for my son to do worksheets with.  Pencils, even colored ones aren't bright enough for tracing letters and crayons are to chunky.  I also want something that won't bleed through the paper so he can do double sided sheets.

Thanks!

Offline littlewife

• Adept
Homemade Finger Paints
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
Just bumping this to the new page in case anyone can help!  :)

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade (finger) paint?

Here are a few of the recipes I found. Some were even edible. Beware, though, I just scanned the pages, so I'm not sure if there was anything objectionable.

http://www.creativekidsathome.com/activities/activity_42.html
http://parenting.ivillage.com/tp/tpactivities/0,,88mf,00.html
http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/frugalfun/fingerpaint.htm

Offline heatheronthehill

• Adept
Re: Homemade Finger Paints
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:34:46 AM »

Crayola makes "Pip Squeaks" markers that are short, stubby little markers - great for little hands!  These are really nice for pre-schoolers as the height helps them have better control while they are writing.  I saw yesterday that they have some fine tip Pip Squeaks too.  You can find these at Wal-mart.

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
Re: Homemade Finger Paints
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 03:35:29 AM »
Thanks for the ideas.  Checking out the links now!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!