Author Topic: No Heartbeat or Signs of Life: Deciding What to Do Next  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
No Heartbeat or Signs of Life: Deciding What to Do Next
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
I am supposed to be around 24 weeks pregnant.  When I was 16 weeks, my dr. said that the baby had apparently died because he and the ultrasound found no heartbeat.  My dh and I decided to trust the Lord for life and speak life,  ... we are still waiting.  My body has not in all these 8 weeks given any sign of miscarriage, except for one tiny spot of bleeding, just once, which my midwife says is not uncommon in healthy pregnancies.  We have not yet been back to our dr. as we did not want any death spoken over this baby.  Still, there are no signs of life.  I haven't grown very much, if at all.  and there is no movement, except for a few little bumps that I'm not even sure if it's baby,  and this is our 9th pregnancy, so you would think I would recognize movement.  At 24 weeks, I should be feeling movement.  And yet, I keep saying, "Faith is the evidence."

I ask for prayer for Life for our baby and for our faith to increase.  We've grown closer to God and I feel know Him better through all of this, though we have been up and down a lot in the last two months.  He has given us promises and encouragement through it all.  We want to keep trusting Him. 

We are about to make a 2,000 mile round trip.  My dh wanted me to find out any precautions we should take in the event my body did start to miscarry.  I don't even want to think that way, but rationally, he wants to be responsible for his wife.  We have considered going back to the dr. but aren't sure if that is what we need to do. 

Any advice would be appreciated, and all prayers will be felt.  Thank you.
~ Jeanne Tate

Offline Eviesmom

• Adept
Re: No Heartbeat or Signs of Life: Deciding What to Do Next
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »
Your faith is a inspiration to me.. I wish I would have done that my first miscarriage.  I will pray for wisdom and peace for you and your hubby.
I will also pray for your baby...
Heather

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »
We are about to make a 2,000 mile round trip.  My dh wanted me to find out any precautions we should take in the event my body did start to miscarry.  I don't even want to think that way, but rationally, he wants to be responsible for his wife.  We have considered going back to the dr. but aren't sure if that is what we need to do. 

~ Jeanne Tate
Jeanne,
First let me say that I am so sorry for the situation that you are in.  It's a terrible place to be.

Second, if I were in this same situation, I would go back to the doctor and maybe even to another doctor for a second opinion.  I would make sure of what was going on in my body.  Especially before going on a long trip, like you are about to do. 

Here's a quote from a web site.  It's a check list of things to do before deciding on a D&C.  But I think the same check list would be helpful for a possible miscarriage as far along as you are, not just very early miscarriage. 

1.  I have had at least two hCG pregnancy hormone blood tests, and they are both too low or going down.
2.  I have had at least two ultrasounds a week or more apart, and both have shown no progress or change.
3.  I know for a fact that my dates of ovulation and cycle start are correct, and my stage of pregnancy is what the doctors say it should be.
4.  I am getting distressed about this lost baby and I am ready to move on.

It is from this web site- http://www.pregnancyloss.info/diagnosing_miscarriage.htm

If I find any other with good information I will post those also. 

Just my opinion here-- I don't think there is anything to be gained from not seeking medical help.  I don't know of the medical risks (if any).  I can't think that it would be good or safe to have a nonliving baby in your body.  But you must be the one to know for sure what is going on in there.  Seek help in finding that out.  The quote above lists two different tests to have done more than once each.  Have those done and then ask if there is any other tests that can be done.  Ask more than one doctor/ midwife.  Be sure for yourself.  You (and your husband) are the one that needs to make a decision. 

If you are going on your trip by plane, will you have problems from the air pressure?  What would you do if you start bleeding heavily?  Severe pain?  If you are going by car, will you have places that are going to be far from medical help?  These are probably the questions that I would be asking myself.  Maybe someone else on here can answer some of these questions. ??  I will still be looking for answers for you.

God bless you,

Missi

Offline blessedwife

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:15:48 PM »
Jeanne,
I am praying for you, your husband, and your baby.  May God richly bless you and your family.

As a side-- when my sister was somewhere in her 1st trimester, her doctor told her that he could detect no heartbeat via ultrasound and that she should be scheduled for a D&C as soon as possible.  She refused, choosing to believe that her baby was alive.  It is now one year later, and she is mama to a 2-month old little boy.

Offline MamaSong

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:42:32 AM »
I agree with the thought of getting a second opinion.  Another sonogram would confirm things one way or another.  If the baby is alive, then you will have the relief and joy of proceeding as normal.  If not, you may wish to consider a D&C.  As horrible as it may seem, a uterine infection would be far worse, and you risk being sterile.

I had a miscarriage at home and it was an awful experience.  I can't imagine going through it on the road.

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 02:57:29 PM »
I am supposed to be around 24 weeks pregnant.  When I was 16 weeks, my Dr. said that the baby had apparently died because he and the ultrasound found no heartbeat.  My dh and I decided to trust the Lord for life and speak life,  ... we are still waiting.  My body has not in all these 8 weeks given any sign of miscarriage, except for one tiny spot of bleeding, just once, which my midwife says is not uncommon in healthy pregnancies.  We have not yet been back to our Dr. as we did not want any death spoken over this baby.  Still, there are no signs of life.  I haven't grown very much, if at all.  and there is no movement, except for a few little bumps that I'm not even sure if it's baby,  and this is our 9th pregnancy, so you would think I would recognize movement.  At 24 weeks, I should be feeling movement.  And yet, I keep saying, "Faith is the evidence."

I ask for prayer for Life for our baby and for our faith to increase.  We've grown closer to God and I feel know Him better through all of this, though we have been up and down a lot in the last two months.  He has given us promises and encouragement through it all.  We want to keep trusting Him. 

We are about to make a 2,000 mile round trip.  My dh wanted me to find out any precautions we should take in the event my body did start to miscarry.  I don't even want to think that way, but rationally, he wants to be responsible for his wife.  We have considered going back to the Dr. but aren't sure if that is what we need to do. 

~ Jeanne Tate

Thank you for the prayers and advice.  Missi, I really appreciate all the time you took to give insight.  Please share anything else, it has all been very helpful, ladies.  You are a blessing. 

We are going to the Dr. on Friday.  I am going to ask for a hCG level test, because I want any glimmer of hope.  Yet, I remember that faith is the evidence.  Until my body gives this baby up, I don't want to give up faith.  I know it is risky to carry a child that should have been miscarried.  But I keep thinking, "what if God wants to do a resurrection miracle right inside of me???"  This is extreme for this conservative Baptist couple.  :)  But I feel the Lord calling us to something extreme.  I even hesitate to share this here, but I'm longing to hear from someone who has been through a trial of this sort, when there is no evidence whatsoever of life, yet they believed for life and received it. 

I must go now.  Please share as the Lord leads you to.  ~ Jeanne Carol

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
You're welcome Jeanne,
Remember you should have the hcg levels taken and then probably wait 2-3 days and have them done again.  Then you can see what changes occur.  You'll be sure of what to do when the time comes.  Who knows, you may have great hcg levels. ??

God bless you,

Missi

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 01:30:52 AM »
bump

Offline grocerygetter

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 02:06:28 AM »
I'm not sure this is quite what you were talking about but thought I might share it anyway. My sister-in-law was pregnant and miscarried. The ob/gyn assured her of this. Then a couple weeks later my SIL suspected she was (still) pregnant. Sure enough she was. Her doc told her at this point she had a conceived again then, that it wasn't the same pregnancy. So, he gave her a new due date and the pregnancy went full term, but when the babe was born she came 6 weeks early (when the first due date was) and was completely healthy and large in size. My SIL thinks what happened was that originally she was pregnant with twins, but in the end was blessed with one beautiful daughter :) Maybe that helps.

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 03:11:37 AM »
Please read this... we need urgent prayer and advice.  If you are not familiar with what is happening here, please go back to my original post. 

We went to my dr. yesterday for the first time since he said I had apparently lost the baby two months ago.  He was so compassionate, an old school dr., even though still conventional.  He still found no heartbeat and the ultrasound showed a baby who had died around 15 weeks (baby should be about 24 weeks... I was off a week when I posted before).

He called us last night after he had talked to the radiologist from the hospital about the ultrasound.  He said a 15 week baby could be delivered at home, with him giving me some meds to get things going, or I could come into the hospital for the same thing.  He didn't say anything about a d&c, that I remember.

He said all this b/c he knew we are about to make a 2,000 mile round trip, and he didn't want me to start miscarrying on the trip, "because you would be away from your support group."  What a kind dr.!

I asked him, should we choose to wait, (and told him that we were asking God for a miracle), if we knew where every hospital was along the route, and if he could give me a prescription for something should I start bleeding heavily, would it be okay to wait.  Was I in any physical danger of keeping the baby in me?  Was my reproductive organs (uterus, esp.) in any danger if we wait? 

He said I wasn't in any danger, nor were my reproductive organs, and he could give me cytotech (what they use to induce labor) which would cause my uterus to clamp down (contract I guess) to slow the bleeding, and he could give me something for pain. 

My guess is that the script would be more powerful than herbs would?  I am correct?  Is there any danger that ya'll know of with using the cytotech? 

PLEASE PRAY FOR God to show us, 1. wait for a resurrection miracle in my body, or 2. Go ahead and deliver our precious one before the trip

Thank you all for your prayers... I believe that God will give us a definite answer this weekend.  I am asking b/c my dh wants to know which way to go.  We have come to know the Lord so much more in these last two months.  I am believing for life still "I believe therefore have I spoken."  Ladies, maybe some of you are skeptical, but if God could raise people in the Bible, he can raise this 15 week old baby and still knit it together in my womb.  My God is that powerful.  He can make alive what is dead.  He can revive dead people, dead churches, dead families, dead marriages.  He has come to give Life ... and Life more abundantly. 

Ya'll are all precious.  God bless you each.  ~ Jeanne Carol

Offline littlemama24

• Master
    • check out this website!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 03:21:52 AM »
Well, I don't know much about that particluar drug and how it would contrast to herbs.  I also don't know what I would do in your situation.  I do know however that I will believe with you for guidance and that you will hear His Spirit leading you into all truth whichever way He wills.  Be blessed even during this trial time.

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 04:00:09 AM »
He said I wasn't in any danger, nor were my reproductive organs, and he could give me cytotec (what they use to induce labor) which would cause my uterus to clamp down (contract I guess) to slow the bleeding, and he could give me something for pain. 

My guess is that the script would be more powerful than herbs would?  I am correct?  Is there any danger that ya'll know of with using the cytotech? 

Um, unfortunately, yes, there are actually more side effects to cytotec than pitocin.  :( I'll see if I can find a few of the articles that I found for my Mom when she was expecting last time...

One mom's story of using the cytotec. Now, this not necessarily "typical", my mom used the cytotec once with no negative effects, but this story urged us to think and pray before we made any decisions when we researched it for the second time.
http://www.mothering.com/articles/pregnancy_birth/birth_preparation/cytotech.html

A more technical article about OBs: http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/cytotecwagner.asp

Lastly, my favorite birth website. If you have a question related to birth, you can probably find the answer here. http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/cytotec.html

You and your husband are in my prayers. May God grant you wisdom and peace as you make these difficult decisions!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 02:39:53 PM by CrimsonRose »

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline Chickory Chick

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 04:30:31 AM »

PLEASE PRAY FOR God to show us, 1. wait for a resurrection miracle in my body, or 2. Go ahead and deliver our precious one before the trip

Thank you all for your prayers... I believe that God will give us a definite answer this weekend.  I am asking b/c my dh wants to know which way to go.  We have come to know the Lord so much more in these last two months.  I am believing for life still "I believe therefore have I spoken."  Ladies, maybe some of you are skeptical, but if God could raise people in the Bible, he can raise this 15 week old baby and still knit it together in my womb.  My God is that powerful.  He can make alive what is dead.  He can revive dead people, dead churches, dead families, dead marriages.  He has come to give Life ... and Life more abundantly. 

Ya'll are all precious.  God bless you each.  ~ Jeanne Carol

Praying that God would give you wisdom.  There was a testimony in the Above Rubies Magazine, Issue 70 where the doctors couldn't detect a heartbeat and wanted the mother to have a D&C, but they refused, several weeks later an ultrasound was done and the baby was alive.  The article was called "They Said my Baby had Died"
Chickory Chick fka Kayinpa http://kayinpa.blogspot.com/

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 04:34:13 AM »
He said I wasn't in any danger, nor were my reproductive organs, and he could give me cytotech (what they use to induce labor) which would cause my uterus to clamp down (contract I guess) to slow the bleeding, and he could give me something for pain. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have found that there are three stages in every great work of God; first, it is impossible, then it is difficult, then it is done.
  --Hudson Taylor

Um, unfortunately, yes, there are actually more side effects to cytotech than pitocin.  :( I'll see if I can find a few of the articles that I found for my Mom when she was expecting last time...

One mom's story of using the cytotech. Now, this not necessarily "typical", my mom used the cytotech once with no negative effects, but this story urged us to think and pray before we made any decisions when we researched it for the second time.
http://www.mothering.com/articles/pregnancy_birth/birth_preparation/cytotech.html

A more technical article about OBs: http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/cytotecwagner.asp

Lastly, my favorite birth website. If you have a question related to birth, you can probably find the answer here. http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/cytotec.html

You and your husband are in my prayers. May God grant you wisdom and peace as you make these difficult decisions!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 08:25:25 AM »
I have renamed your topic to make it more descriptive for others who may need the same information that you are asking for.

I sympathize with your condition and admire your steadfastness & faith, and I hope you find the answers you're searching for.

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline newcreature

• Learning
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 04:11:11 PM »

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  Don't lose heart.   He's not only able, He's willing!!!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »
Jeanne Carol
You are so brave!   Just wanted to ask when you are leaving on the trip that you mentioned so I can pray very specifically that you will have your answer by then.   Keep believing~~~you are so right~~~~our God is able to do ALL things well.    We are praying.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline mamatomany

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 01:06:32 AM »
Sweet Family, my heart is breaking for this situation and I have been lifting this up to the Lord for days.  I can attest to the miraculous power of the Lord as I watched Him open up an imperferate pulmonic valve on my son - completely restoring blood flow in an instant.  I have seen Him heal someone of cancer and the person immediately know he was healed in Jesus name, I have seen time after time God's hand in restoring marriages that seem hopeless, there are so many wonderful things that God has done and will continue to do in and around us.  As I took my healed baby boy out of the hospital, there was a little one dying next door to him.  My daughter is a patient care technician at a local hospital in the labor and delivery department.  She had to take care of a 30 year old crack addict who delivered her baby at 32 weeks - premature placental abruption because she smoked a ton of crack that morning.  As my daughter held her baby which showed no sign of life she wept for this  little one, is there no justice?  YES, there is, we need to remember that God's ways are not our ways.  In this instance, he was sparing this beautiful baby girl from a life of addiction and abuse.  Joy was restored in my daughter when she can cling on the fact that when we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord. 

Is the Lord capable of resurrecting your baby....absolutely, will He chose this I don't know.  I do know His word says not to put our Lord to the test....I do know He works all things out for good for those who believe and are called according to His purpose.  I do know, this baby is not yours, we are just a small factor.  I know it is no harder for God to raise the dead than to heal a headache.  It is no harder for God to raise the dead or to not allow this medication to work on your body!    I do know it is o.k. to let go, I do know that you and and your husband love the Lord and have grown together and that greatly pleases God.

Oh what a testimony you would have if He chose to breath life into this baby....I know you would never hesitate to share that either....I'm reminded of praying for a friend of mine, on my knees crying out to God to save her baby in her wound...I had it all planned out in my head when she would come through the door and announce to me that the baby is fine how I would give God all the glory and honor due Him.....he harshly rebuked me simply saying....you will honor and praise me not based on this outcome of this situation!

I stand believing with you for God's will to be accomplished, for great wisdom and knowledge which only flows from the Lord to fill you with His peace.  Big, huge hugs......

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 01:29:47 AM »
Jeanne Carol
  Just wanted to ask when you are leaving on the trip that you mentioned so I can pray very specifically that you will have your answer by then.   Keep believing~~~you are so right~~~~our God is able to do ALL things well.    We are praying.

Thank you so very much for your prayers. We need them so much right now.  We are leaving this coming Friday, 8/17; but we have considered delivering maybe as soon as tomorrow, to give my body time to heal before the long trip.  We'll be camping the 2nd and 3rd night on the way to our destination, so I would need to be somewhat healed up for comforts sake.

I need to go get in God's word right now... I must seek Him. 
~Jeanne Carol

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 01:34:03 AM »
Oh what a testimony you would have if He chose to breath life into this baby....
....you will honor and praise me not based on this outcome of this situation!

I stand believing with you for God's will to be accomplished, for great wisdom and knowledge which only flows from the Lord to fill you with His peace.  Big, huge hugs......

Dear Mamatomany and so many others who've written and/or prayed for us,
I thank you and praise God for you ... thank you for your prayers, your words of wisdom and comfort.  Yes, I was reminded by my husband just yesterday, whatever the outcome, we praise Him. 

I will let ya'll know when we know something.  God bless ~ Jeanne Carol

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »
We go to the hospital today to have our baby.  We have been up and down for so long now.  We finally gave this little one over to the Lord yesterday.  Dh did first during the worship service, as we all sang "Safe in the Arms of God"  He said the Lord gave him a picture of our little baby in Jesus' hands.  I still clung to hope until he told me about that... then the tears came, and we let go. 

Please pray for my health and for our whole family.  This has been hard on the children.

Thank you all for your prayers, your words of wisdom and advice,... you don't know how much it all meant to us. 

God bless you all  ~ Jeanne Carol

earthymomof2

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 02:51:23 AM »
My prayers are with you in your grief.  He'll give you the strength to go through this.

Love in Christ,

Sarah

Offline Ami H.

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:40 AM »
So many others have written and given you such good advice and comforting words, that I hesitate to even write, that I might be a hinderance.  I feel inadequate to write in the presence of such neat ladies.  But I feel lead to share, so press on I will.
I had a miscarriage between my first and second baby.  I am sure that there are many women here that can testify to that and I know that is not what you need to hear right now.  However, I also did the same sort of stand in faith that you did and when things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, it really set me back for a little bit.  When I got pregnant, I had just been told not to try and get pregnant by the dr. since they were trying to regulate my thyroid medications.  What I didn't know was that the meds altered my cycle, so that when I thought there was no way I could be fertile.......I was.   So I conceived and once I realized what had happened, my husband, I , and many other friends started praying for this baby.  One night when I was seeking God in prayer for our baby, God told me that this child would be named Faith.  I was overjoyed and took it as an answer that everything would be okay.  God has named and even told the sex of every one of our children very early in our pregnancies.  He did it with our first born, Noah, so I didn't find this unusual.  Several weeks later, I began to miscarry.  We were away from home on an extended business trip, and after getting no where with the emergency room there, my husband finally put me on a plane with our son back to Iowa, so I could go to my regular obgyn and be with family who could help with our son.  It meant me being separated from my husband for another month.  It was a horrible sad time.  My heart goes out to you, and I am crying for you and I don't even know you.  However at the end of my mourning, at one of the moments when I was asking God, "Why?"  God took me to the scripture in Hebrews 11:1, "Now FAITH is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do NOT see."  Emphasis mine and in my heart He added, and I think this is safe addition, "and do not understand."  Faith is what counts when we do not see the evidence that we hope for.  Faith is what we hold on to when we realize that God is still God, and His ways are not our ways.  I don't believe God took your baby, I believe he was stolen from you by the devil himself.  But, I do believe that God is holding your baby right now and that he will make this into something for His good and that this will eventually strengthen you and your husband.  Let God speak to you during this time and don't harden your heart. I will be praying for you all day and in the days to come.  May God bless you.  Ami H.
...I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...Phil 3:7-11

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 05:37:41 AM »
We go to the hospital today to have our baby.  We have been up and down for so long now.  We finally gave this little one over to the Lord yesterday.  Dh did first during the worship service, as we all sang "Safe in the Arms of God"  He said the Lord gave him a picture of our little baby in Jesus' hands.  I still clung to hope until he told me about that... then the tears came, and we let go. 

Please pray for my health and for our whole family.  This has been hard on the children.

Thank you all for your prayers, your words of wisdom and advice,... you don't know how much it all meant to us. 

Praying for you today.  I went through something very similar back in January.  We found out on January 24th (I was 18 weeks) and incidentally, I'm pregnant again and due on January 24th!  I'll pray that God will grant you peace.  He really took care of me.  We came home from the hospital on a Thursday and that's when I had my good, big cry.  After that, I really felt this absolute peace.  I was ok with not knowing why this happened.  I'll try to find my thread that I started when this happened.  Maybe reading it will give you more comfort.
Blessings,
mshelson

My thread was merged.  Here is where my story started....

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2844.30.html

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 07:54:26 AM »

Oh, Jeanne, I'm so sorry.
Crying with you and lifting your family up in prayer,
Allison

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 08:04:38 AM »
praying for you also.
I think it's sucha beautiful thing that we can love our little ones so much before we even see them.  evidence of God!

Offline mamatomany

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this..you poor sweet thing.  I know we are going to be very busy when we get to heaven!  Lot's of catching up to do, lots of babies to hold and cuddle, and I probably will clean a bunch of toilets  :D  As I started to write this, my sweet little Isaac who is almost 2 and has down syndrome was falling asleep on me.  I remember early in my pregnancy with him I began to bleed heavy and passed tissue and everything.....we gave it to the Lord and He had other plans for this little one.  When he a tiny baby I was rocking him just praising God for his life and He gave me the most beautful vision of my Isaac when he is about 24 - I could picture him and he was ministering to people of his own people group in like a group home setting...passing out tracts or something and then he came home and grabbed me and said "mama I love her" and I asked him who and he said a name of girl who is at this group home....he was so excited ...isn't God so amazing...I heard his voice....it was so sweet.    You my friend have to hold every thought, EVERY thought captive to Christ.... I can't wait until Jesus returns...I pray it is tomorrow!  I remember sitting one morning really early in the morning and hearing this aweful loud noise and I jumped up thinking oh my goodness it's Jesus, it's Jesus....well it was my frigerator - we got a new one of those!  It will be so sweet though....

My prayers are with you and your family smile and know your precious little one is so happy and cherished right now.  As much as you love your children, God loves them so much more....wow that is a lot of love.  I'm so glad love multiplies and not divides amongst your children.  Love to you and your family...

Offline newcreature

• Learning
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 03:50:53 PM »
Jeanne,
Lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.  May you heal quickly, and may you be blessed as you continue to fight the good fight of faith.
Much love to you in the Lord

Offline eeshadoula

• Learning
  • "I" born still 28 wks, he had my crooked fingers
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 09:37:03 AM »
Dear Jeanne Carol, My prayers are with you and your family.  I will be praying for your health and for you to feel the Lord's arms around you holding you up during this time.  I will also be praying for that peace that passes ALL understanding to fill you and that you will know that the Lord loves you.
eeshadoula
I will praise You in this storm...

Offline Jeanne Carol

• Learning
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
Our baby was born a little after 2:00 Tuesday afternoon.  God was very merciful.  The meds were administered 3:00 Monday afternoon and by 2am Tuesday morning, I asked for some pain medication.  I had slept some before then, but after the meds I really started sleeping.  We had so hoped and prayed that the baby would come quickly, that I wouldn't need any meds, that I would be awake for the delivery so I could grieve with my husband, and that I wouldn't need a dnc.  It didn't come quickly and I did need meds, but God was so good b/c I rested right up until the time that baby came.  I awoke around 2:00 pm thinking, Is it 2am???  Then when some of the fog cleared (I had been given heavy meds, so it was God's grace that I even awoke), I began to fear because nothing was happening.  I woke my dh and told him.  We both feared a dnc.  We prayed, and then shortly after the baby came.  It was a time of relief.

It was too small to tell whether it was a boy or girl.  The nurse (who had had 6 miscarriages and was very compassionate) wrapped it in a little green blanket.  Once we got home, we put it in a little wooden box we had bought at Hobby Lobby on the way to the hospital, then we and the children got in the van and drove to our family cemetary right here on the farm.  The children each showed the cards they had made (which we photocopied first) and then put them in with the baby.  We didn't let them see the baby.  It was hard enough for us, it's little body already decaying.  We didn't want them to remember the baby that way.  We quoted the 23rd psalm and sang "It is well with my soul" and prayed.  That was it.  It was just us, and it was very special. 

We had so many people taking care of every need.  The place was bush-hogged, mowed and weed-eated, the house sparkling clean, food (and papergoods) brought from family, neighbors, and church family.  Even the cemetary had been cleaned and the grave dug.  My own mother bought a large arrangement of flowers for the grave.  God has been so good to us.

Please pray as I heal and prepare for our long journey.  I'm only delegating and trying not to stress, as I well know that can take it's own toll on the body.  I do have adult help round the clock.  Thank you all so very much for your prayers and words of comfort and wisdom.  I wish I had time to write each of you individually, but know that each prayer has been felt and each word received in love.  God bless you all ~ Jeanne Carol